Saved Games Directory?

General discussion about Railroad Tycoon II.
Rexer

Saved Games Directory? Unread post

I am trying to move RT2 to a different computer because the screen modes are occasionally messing up when I play it at the computer I do my main work at. At the end of each game year, I quick-type some basic game data into Excel to give me better diagnostic tools and trend analyss than the game provides. So, I use two computers at the same desk simultaneously while I play. Anywho, I have installed the game on the other computer, but I cannot find the saved games directory. I expected it to be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Railroad Tycoon II - Platinum\games. But all that are there are the Tutorial and Example Saved Game. Where are the user-created games?
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Saved Games Directory? Unread post

Are you using a vista or win7 machine?

If so you may want to see this post on where your saved games may be, but instead of an RT3 folder it might be there under and RT2 folder: http://www.hawkdawg.com/forums/viewtopi ... sta#p24356

Alternatively you can try running a search on the hard drive for the name of a saved game file and if it finds the file you'll then know where it's been saving all the saved games.

The best way to avoid this and make it easier to find the saved games would be to install the game into its own directory instead of within the program files folder.
Rexer

Re: Saved Games Directory? Unread post

Thank you! I'm using Windows 7. The directory wasn't exactly where that thread said it would be, but it led me into the right neighborhood. I found all my saved games at C:\Users\[my name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Railroad Tycoon II - Platinum\games