Quest V-2

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Quest V-2 Unread post

Although I have not been able to get to be the Ruler of the Land in the Quest V2, I did find that 'honor' in the original Quest. But there were times of when a player has to have the revenue. Not so much when some waring tribes distroyed tracks, but a bundle when an earthquake wipes out, not only tracks, but depots, industries, and trains.

I find both of them very interesting concepts of imagination Gwizz, and being true to their creator.

Thanks again for such scenarios.

Ray of Sunshine {,0,}
Gwizz
CEO

Re: Quests Unread post

Quest V2 is Grandma Ruths's map and The Quest is Lama's map.
I don't remember playing them. I think I will give them a try.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Thank you kindly! Gwizz, this map was done before the 1.06 patch (both of them were, I think) so I don't know if that'll make a difference. I can't remember if there's any haulage requirements. I might play Lama's map myself if I can ever get "Mighty Meiji" in a fit state for uploading!
"I will not take 'but' for an answer" - Langston Hughes
belbincolne
Engineer

I've never heard of either of these and they don't seem to be in the Scenarios section here. So, please, how do I find them?
Grandma Ruth
CEO

http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/map_arch/o ... 0Quest.htm
that should be Lama's map and http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/map_arch/o ... %20V-2.htm
should be mine but if these links don't work they are both in the "Other Lands" section of the archive. :salute:
belbincolne
Engineer

Re: Quest V-2 Unread post

Thanks Ruth. Can understand why couldn't find one cos its Pandaemonia but not finding the other (which I have got) shows old age is creeping in fast. P...g it down here - assume wonderful sunshine in Yorkshire ;-) :evil: :oops:
RayofSunshine
CEO

Sorry People,

I have been playing so many of Gwizz's creations that I didn't think to look at the creators of the Quests. All the scenarios which I play have been downloaded into a Folder, so there isn't always an indication of their creator. After this I will check back to the Map Archive for that information, as I want to give credit to those creators.

Thanks again for the info, and to all of the creators taking their time and imaginations to make this program an enjoyable hobby/pasttime.

Ray of Sunshine :salute:
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Actually, the sun is struggling to get out but it is nice and mild today. Don't need an excuse to stay in and play RT3, though! ;-)
belbincolne
Engineer

Well I just finished QuestV2 on Normal and failed because I didn't carry the oil in time. An earthquake or something destroyed every well and altho they came back it was too late. I seem to recall this happening when I played it a long time ago but cant remember whether I ever managed to get Gold.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

I know it is possible to get Gold because I always test them before uploading - which I find the most aggravating bit, to be honest! Just doing that for Mighty Meiji, which I've completely re-written. :roll:
belbincolne
Engineer

On my third attempt (on Normal - found it impossible to connect on Expert so never got beyond stage 1) knowing what was coming I was fully prepared and got Gold 9 years early - i.e. before the Earthquake destoyed all the wells and lines. :-D
Grandma Ruth
CEO

(0!!0) !*th_up*! :salute:
UncleJR
Hobo

I must have a real blind spot because I'm struggling to get the first connection set up on normal.

Just can't seem to get any sort of cash flow going and then the rascals come and tear up my track. :-(

Thought I'd use my favorite, industry based strategy but that doesn't seem to work either.

Guess I don't get to be a prince after all.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

You're a prince, Uncle ;-) , don't you worry!