Somewhere in Pacific

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
Sugus
Engineer

Somewhere in Pacific Unread post

First impression (when downloading): ahaaa, looks strange and interesting!

I tried to go into this scenario seven, eight times - but I got dissmissed every time at least after five years. I've tried different strategies: buying industry (haha, a dairy farm, if you were really lucky), connecting hidden (graphic error in the corner remembering to 'Sink Hole Island') and visible cities - no success at all! Besides the first year, there's absolutely nothing to haul!!! !hairpull! !hairpull! !hairpull!

@Ales: Once more my question: do you really test your maps in any difficulty level? Would be nice, if you could send me some saved games, maybe from 1949, 1955, 1967, 1972 and 1991! (BTW: it's not ok to mention RT3 players not being happy with your creation, in this case belbincolne, within the introduction of another one! !*th_dwn*! You'll risk, that nobody will look at your works in the future.)

Impatiently waiting for reviews by other RT3 folks and hoping, that I'm not the only idiot within this marvelous forum.
There's no business like RT business ...
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Re: Somewhere in Pacific Unread post

Sugus wrote:hoping, that I'm not the only idiot within this marvelous forum.
I think you can be pretty sure of that! ;-)
belbincolne
Engineer

Just back from Hol and gave this a quick try - can be pretty certain I'll never be able to win this one! As Sugus says although there seems to be a lot of goods in the left hand corner the town doesn't exist and placing a station there is very dificult - and as nothing ever gets on the train there it makes little difference. On my one try there was no point in buying any industry/farms as there was no chance of these ever being profitable (steel and cattle).
Sugus
Engineer

Yes, we can't! (I'm not alone ... :-D )
There's no business like RT business ...
Gandar
Brakeman

Well I bought into all the territories and connected about half the cities met the 100m industry but failed on the PNW, I am pretty sure that on the next try I will have the gold. My one big flaw, was to not check out all the territories when I started to move off the original island, I have this tendency to think connected track and its not a requirement in this scenario. So next time I will move to the two left side territories which are only 1mill to access and then I will go to the mountain island which had two warehouses and a port all kicking out 6 wool, get to them early on and drop upgraded textile mills and your money problems will be solved. I will also pay a little more attention to the routing of my expensive bridges, but I plan on going industry first and then track laying after.
I am pretty sure that its not as difficult as it first appears, but it is very similar to Impossible inasmuch it takes quite a while to build up a profitable base from which you can expand.
I got up and the world was still here, isn't that wonderful ?
Gandar
Brakeman

Yep that was the way to go, its pretty tricky laying track up that mountain but if you persevere and use tunnels it is possible. and don't forget that city in the top left corner.
!**yaaa !**yaaa Good One.
I got up and the world was still here, isn't that wonderful ?
Aleš

Somewhere in Pacific Unread post

To Sugus, belbincolne and others that can´t make a bussines in this map. At first I´m realy sorry for the mistake of one city in the left corrner(as Sugus say, there is a graphic mistake). But if you look at the industry-production map. You can see, that there is something(warehouse) producing logs.So in the Lo win is a warehouse suplying 5 logs and demanding furniture. So my Bussines brains, What does it mean? At first year you create company with 1.1M cash a borrow 500k. Next step- you build a lumber mill near Lin sun. next 2 years it wouldn´t be profitable and your credit rating go to F, but don´t worry. Third year it start be profitable and 5. year you´ll be cca +280 cash and your credit rating will be AA. You can sell the lumber mill and than buy the furniture factory or you can wait a one more year(5. and 6. year issue stock that makes you cca 180 cash) and than buy a furniture factory. Thats your bussines base. it makes you good profit. Than you connect Lo win and Lin sun. Your next step would be expand into 2 territories that costs only 1M and make bussines there. In this scenario is the key connect the warehouses or ports(one warehouse supply milk other demands chease... what does it mean? one demands waepons other two supplys coal and iron ect.... look at the industry map an use your brain )

Somebody needs to be kicked in ass to make a bussines... somebody is using brain.
Aleš

Gandar wrote:Well I bought into all the territories and connected about half the cities met the 100m industry but failed on the PNW, I am pretty sure that on the next try I will have the gold. My one big flaw, was to not check out all the territories when I started to move off the original island, I have this tendency to think connected track and its not a requirement in this scenario. So next time I will move to the two left side territories which are only 1mill to access and then I will go to the mountain island which had two warehouses and a port all kicking out 6 wool, get to them early on and drop upgraded textile mills and your money problems will be solved. I will also pay a little more attention to the routing of my expensive bridges, but I plan on going industry first and then track laying after.
I am pretty sure that its not as difficult as it first appears, but it is very similar to Impossible inasmuch it takes quite a while to build up a profitable base from which you can expand.
Gandar makes a new strategy and start else than me. Very good Gandar, you are on the good way to gold. I´m glad that somebody here is using brain..