It would be best to close out the launched game and then load the map in editor mode. And once you get into that you might as well get into a full blown re-edit because there may be other things that need changing.
- On the welcome page, press Extras
- On the page that loads, press Editor
- Press Load Map
- Choose the map you want, and start it.
- Now you are in Editor Mode and you are ready to edit
- Click on Paint Regions. You need to alter the regions to decrease the density. From here on it is up to you.
- If you click on the region's name at the bottom and you will see where it is painted. Also at the bottom, note that there is room to make a couple more regions if you want.
- Click on the little magnifying glasses and you will be able to edit the region's details; what we call its 'recipe'. I immediately notice one problem with this map: all the regions have 100% density. You should drop the desert regions to, oh, 30% or less. And increase the densities of some other regions - ore hotspots for instance.
- And the mapmaker has not done any work on the city recipes yet
- And I do not trust the painted regions. There are places that I know are rich in ore, and they have agricultural recipes.
- The ratio of industries to peeps is out of whack. The economy on this map will be really screwy unless half the cities are removed, or their densities are all halved. You need parity between cities and hinterland.
This map needs a lot of work. Why not play Modern Africa or other African scenarios instead?