Island Sugar Company

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Island Sugar Company Unread post

:?: Note Fellas,

As I did not find a thread on this scenario, although I may have missed it.

Anyway, it is a very interesting scenario, as I like the Shay and Camelback engines.

But that isn't the quesion. On playing, I have moved 48 loads of sugar from the
"Sea Bird Territory District" to mostly the Produce Pier, as well as the Pass. Term. Yet in the Ledger Book, it shows the great big "0".

Since there are I believe a III and IV scenario, do they correct this malfunction?
OR is there some method which I am not seeing to complete that goal?

Ray of Sunshine
Capn Twisted
Hobo

Re: Sugar Island Original Unread post

I'm not familiar with the scenario in question, but is it tracked by year or game? If it is a total that is tracked by year and you look at it in january (when the ledger pops up) it will show 0 because the year has just started.
Women want a lot of things from one man. Conversely, men want one thing from a lot of women.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Sugar Island Original Unread post

I've changed the title of this thread to match the name of the scenario.
Hawk
Gwizz
CEO

Re: Island Sugar Company Unread post

Hawk I can't get my RT3 run disk to load the game. Can I install the no CD patch over the 105 patch?

I've forgotten how I played the Island Sugar Company Map. Geeesss
Versions 3 and 4 are different maps, modified off of version 1.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Gwizz wrote:Hawk I can't get my RT3 run disk to load the game. Can I install the no CD patch over the 105 patch?
If you get the right no-cd patch it's for version 1.05. I think there's no-cd patches for 1.04 and 1.03 as well.

BTW! You have a PM.
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

;-) Ed, I guess I should watch the titles more carefully. Thanks.

:roll: And Captn Twisted

I didn't think about that aspect of a time period. This gets a little confusing. First, the programming is done in a "daily real time". So instead of the program updating itself at the end of a year, it is done at 6 a.m. However, I have periodically checked the ledger book to find out the number of loads hauled to that time.

2ndly, the Haulage Record is done by the "year". And it totals seem to be accummulating as the game is being played.

So now I am at the point of a Gold Medal being awarded to which the notation is made, and to obtain a Bonus Gold, another 100-150 extra loads of sugar is to be hauled from the Sea Bird District Territory. Now this is "3 days" later by the programming real time, and with 6 trains running with max loads of 5-8 cargo, the ledger still shows "0".

At this point I could just quit with the regular Gold, but I am curious, and it is a fun scenario which has an amount of imagination.

Ray of Sunshine !*th_dwn*!
Gwizz
CEO

I've progressed past the Bronze win. Over built the fields at the first plantation. Therefore I'm having to wait for the capital to build from the Bauxite mines and the fertilizer plant. I forgot how interesting it is to listen to the engineer in the steam engine come up to speed and then stomp on the brakes. That shay must have rubber tires as it should have shot past the station when stopping. I have creep between the service station and the water tower. I thought the C to C patch fixed that problem. Maybe I placed these too close together.

I have a problem with different programs wanting to call home. These programs bump me onto the minimise tool bar when they bump into Zone Alarm. I can maximise RT3 again after I tell these program to remember that I clicked to not allow them to go to the web. So, the problem is starting to clear up.

Back to the Sea Bird Fertilizer plant
Gwizz
CEO

Ok I checked the Sea Bird Event again. I must be blind. :shock: The status number is counting tires hauled and not sugar.
It should have no effect on the extra gold event, only on the status event.

The tires were to become nest boxes for the Sea birds. Well that is a good excuse I guess for counting tires. :oops: (smack))))
RayofSunshine
CEO

I am not completely following your line of thought Gwizz,
Not being very adaptive to programming.
--------------------------------------
Ok I checked the Sea Bird Event again. I must be blind. The status number is counting tires hauled and not sugar.
It should have no effect on the extra gold event, only on the status event.
-----------------------------------------

Are you saying that although the status doesn't show any "sugar" being hauled, that I can still haul "sugar" from Sea Bird, and when an apprecitible number is reached as "tires", that the game will credit a player for the 'extra gold event'?

I am now enjoying your III version, but that will come as a different thread, if necessary.

Ray of Sunshine
Gwizz
CEO

Status events normally are stand alone events. They just count something and post the answer in a status report.

The win events also count but the trigger in a win event is the same trigger used again. As long as the win event trigger was written correctly and counted sugar, the win event should fire correctly.

The trigger in the status event, even though it listed sugar as hauled cargo, the trigger itself did count tires.
I was going to use tires to be sent to the Sea bird fertilizer factory for nesting boxes. I don't remember why I changed my mind. I simply forgot to remove tires from that status event.

Thanks for catching that. No one else alerted me to that mistake.
RayofSunshine
CEO

:salute: Gwizz,

I am sure that there is a system which programmers follow to get all the "gates, triggers, and events" into the program. It is a wonder that a person gets all of the 'particulates' inputted. Glad to be of help.

Ray of Sunshine
RayofSunshine
CEO

:?: Okay Gwizz,

Now that we got that situation explained, here is a 'quirk' which I have never had happen in this fashion. I have had other types of situations which were not programmed, but I thought I would run this one by you.

I built a bridge from the Produce Pier to Sea Horse Island to shorten the distance to get at the industries there. It was not until I had completed laying the track and placing a depot a Sea Horse Labor Camp, when I noticed that there was a large "V" in the approach near Produce Pier. I did not remember if I had saved the program at this point, so I reloaded it, thinking that I might be able to eliminate that V on a retry. Wrong.

Anyway, since it was now Jan.14th, I believed it time to replace the older exising Shays. However, I not only found that I now had a Northern engine, but all the Shays in operation are now showing a "0".

On mergers I have had all kinds of 'quirky' situations with engines, but this is a first.

Ray of Sunshine
Gwizz
CEO

Are you playing island Sugar company map or the Island sugar company III map.

I've has a bridge collapse before but the whole train dove down and then jumped back up on the bridge and continued on across the rest of the bridge.
I've never had a shay turn into a northern before.

There are some flukes in slow time that PopTop never fixed.
RayofSunshine
CEO

:-) The scenario is the Island Sugar Co Gwizz,

The operating Shays do not turn into a Northern. It is the engine menu which switches from the Shay to a Northern. It was why the operating Shays operating time were all 0
That came to be realized when I remembered that the program is being run on a 'day clock system, rather than a yearly operation. Then when I went to play the 'III', there is a notation that around Jan.11th, other engines will appear. So that covered both of my inquires. At least until I finish the Original of getting the Extra Gold.

Ray of Sunshine