utopia 2

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
stratjim
Cat

utopia 2 Unread post

loaded this scenario and although the restrictions indicated you could only have 600 pieces of track per year, i never got any more than the original 600 track. makes for a short game. did anyone else have this problem?

stratjim
Aesir Rising
Hobo

Re: utopia 2 Unread post

I can't find the info now, but last night I was reading some map readme files and ran across one that required you to deliver coal and iron to steel mills in order to allow the production of more track units. So, taking a wild guess - that is probably wrong - were there conditions that weren't met in order to produce additional track sections?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I just took a look in the editor for that scenario and I found a problem with that event.
It's easy to fix. Just click on the 'Yearly Track Quota' event and change it from testing 'At start of scenario' to 'Yearly (beginning of year)', and remove the check mark from 'One time only event'.

That should fix it. I'll upload a fixed version shortly. I know arop won't mind. :-D

Edit 1: OK! I got the fixed version uploaded. Same link.
Hawk
arop
Dispatcher

:-D Thank you wery much Hawki. I try to be a perfectonist making maps, but I think there are a minimum 2-5% chance to make small and big blunders !hairpull!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

No problem arop. I know in the past you didn't mind, and this was a simple fix, so I just fixed it. :mrgreen:
Hawk
Sugus
Engineer

@Arop: Once more I'm not really happy with your way to specify win conditions. Have a look at the following two screen shots (I played the translated version, of course):
Utopia II done.jpg
This one shows that I had fulfilled the conditions for Gold in 1923, but because you check for a PNW of $150 million exactly in 1940 only, I had to wait till than. !*th_dwn*! Ok, I switched to "very fast" to get this boring phase over, which resulted in
Utopia II gold.jpg
I'm also surprised that nobody else had run into the same situation. Hmmm - folks are downloading maps, but don't play them? **!!!**
There's no business like RT business ...
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well Fellas,

First of all, thanks Hawk for making those changes in the Editor. Oh, how I hate to go into, and do anything in the Editor. But I know that we are all human, so errors and mistakes will occur by user creators in their creations.

Now as to Sugus comment. As soon as a new scenario comes "alive" I myself download it to a "supplimental " file. When i get time to play them, I save them to another file which is divided into Country Catagories, for the future.

My comment is some what correct as to Sugus's comment of players downloading, but not necessarily playing them. I have 2 comments to that theory. First, if a player finds some problem with the scenario, they don't necessarily indicate it in a Review or Strategy thread/post. Don't want to comment on what they might do with them.

But in my case, as from the comments made by several players as user creators, they tend to say, "test" until the creator is satisfied with the total result and its completion, and/or play the scenario unti they are satisfied as to get the result in the satisfaction to which they have done a number of attempts. That back logs later creations.

I know from experience, that I made a number of attempts in a number of scenarios, in a number of different versions, until the scenario was considered complete in its beta phases, and then was loaded into the Archives.

However, to add to Sugus comment. I find that it is some what unbelieveable of the number of downloads of """"any"""" Archive scenario, with very little posts being made of appreciation or comments in either the Review or Strategy threads. **!!!**

Now there is the Trainmaster. Therefore it is my belief that a number of RT3 scenarios are downloaded by the enthusiasts of Trainmaster, to be kept for future use. !*th_up*! !*th_up*!
Blackhawk
CEO

Ray of Sunshine wrote: However, to add to Sugus comment. I find that it is some what unbelieveable of the number of downloads of """"any"""" Archive scenario, with very little posts being made of appreciation or comments in either the Review or Strategy threads. **!!!**

Now there is the Trainmaster. Therefore it is my belief that a number of RT3 scenarios are downloaded by the enthusiasts of Trainmaster, to be kept for future use. !*th_up*! !*th_up*!
Although I mainly play TM it's not me downloading RT3 maps, I actually wonder who some of the 160+ people who downloaded my TM map were. I assume a few are Germans from over at Molses. A few are repeat downloads, downloading the map again for various reasons like forgetting to save it. But that still leaves a lot of other downloads which makes you wonder who has downloaded, if it's been played, and if not, why download it.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

It's my guess that there's a lot of people that download stuff from the archives that don't participate in the forums for whatever reason.
You also have to understand that those download counts are not accurate. Try it yourself. Click on a map download link, but don't let the download finish, or even start when asked where you want to save it.
Now - refresh the page. You'll see the download count increase by one.

This is the problem with every download counter I've ever seen.
Hawk