Luzithania

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
belbincolne
Engineer

Luzithania Unread post

Pouring down here (for those who know the UK towns in the Lake District are flooded with bridges washed away and last 24 hours was the highest recorded rainfall in 24 hours ever) so given this one an extended try on Expert.

Plays o/k but after 40 years has problem as Windows says my RAM is running low. I've a CBV of $300+ (Target 750 in 75 years) IP of $340 ($600) and PNW $119 ($200) so am well on target BUT - there's absolutely nothing left to do. I or the AIs have bought every farm etc and have built all the intelligent Manufacturing (plus some that aren't).

All right I can build (say) a Dairy Producer next to every Milk Farm rather than centrally between a few but thats just boring (and ridiculous). I've also electrified (rather pointlessly) and replaced all trains over 25 years old - so what else can I do?

One problem is that there are dozens of quarries (some producing Rock and others Ore) - all either unprofitable or only just with a couple of pounds profit and Furnaces built by AIs haven't been doing well. I suppose I can build Machinery plants and haul Oil and Steel (???) to them (from quite a long way away) which will occupy another couple of years but what else?

My main question though is just what quarries are - why do some produce rock and others ore? And what do we do with them?
arop
Dispatcher

Re: Luzithania Unread post

Quarries produce rock and (later crystals). Rock goes to a furnance and is converted to ceramics. Ceramics can go to either a concrete plant making concrete OR combined with ingots ( ore via a furnance) to a electronics plant. Later on (about 1950) crystals replace ceramics. Destilleries, breweries also accept a small amount of ceramics :salute: .
belbincolne
Engineer

Well I'll play on for a while trying to use above - but I'm still puzzled - why do some quaries produce rock and others ore?
arop
Dispatcher

**!!!** I don't know, I am not among the people who created RRT3, version 1.06 and I haven't had the same problem. Ore should be produced in buildings looking much alike coal mines.
belbincolne
Engineer

Weather here continues to be absolutely dreadful so played on - acheived Gold figures after 64 years. Last 24 were spent upgrading trains / building production units next to every single farm etc and seeing how my quarrys did. Built Furnaces and Concrete and these were very profitable and against the Ore mines built furnaces - machinery & electronics (shipping in oil and steel). The furnaces were unprofitable but the machinery profit made up for that. However the Electronics never produced a single item - presumably something else has to be shipped in but dont know what.

Played on for another year and still didn't get the medal - presumably it only comes after the full 75 years?
arop
Dispatcher

:oops: It seems I have made a blunder! It should be possible to have gold before timeout: I have checked the gold event CBV >=750 mill., OK. BUT: Company Cash >=600 mill. is an error. Please change it to Company Industrial Profit LTD >=600 mill. PNW and game year is OK! then the trigger should work properly, BUT there is another blunder in the Gold event: Change the text and effect from SILVER to GOLD. (I had only silver in my second test game and the silver event worked properely) :oops: I'm terribly sorry about the inconvenience it may have cost you and other players!
belbincolne
Engineer

Yes - I'm not worried about getting the medal - its the satisfaction of playing (and winning!) that counts :-D :-D

Realised that the targets were wrong in some places. I assumed that they are:-
CBV $750m
IP $600m
PNW $200m

If you're going to correct and issue Version2 suggest that IP could go up to (say) $1bn which is easily achievable - in fact essential to reach the CBV target because railing only brings in so much. PNW could also go up but only to (say) $250m - I had reached this but then had it go back down to $150m in a slump! The only snag with the $1bn is that which occurs in (at least) one of your other scenarios where once it goes over that figure the computer cannot cope and starts to go negative.

Thanks for the game.
arop
Dispatcher

I have just submitted a new version 2 of the LUZITHANIA map with the errors corrected, and some of your proposed changes in win conditions making this map a little harder to play :salute:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Version 2 is now available.

I replied to your email but once again your mail box is full and the email was returned undeliverable.
Hawk
Gandar
Brakeman

belbincolne wrote:
If you're going to correct and issue Version2 suggest that IP could go up to (say) $1bn which is easily achievable - in fact essential to reach the CBV target because railing only brings in so much. PNW could also go up but only to (say) $250m - I had reached this but then had it go back down to $150m in a slump! The only snag with the $1bn is that which occurs in (at least) one of your other scenarios where once it goes over that figure the computer cannot cope and starts to go negative.

Thanks for the game.
I had started this scenario in my usual manner with Industry to bring in the profits first, and then move on to rails but I read the above from belbicolne and it intrigued me, I started to wonder if I could hit medal status on expert just by railroading. I restarted, permitting myself the station amenities Hotel Tavern and Rest for my industry and I did quite well. I wasn't particularly efficient but I set up a few hubs and ran rail just about everywhere No steel mills occurred so I didn't hit the steel hauling goal.I managed to hit $397 CBV with $152 PNW but my LIP was only $59 so I didn't qualify for medal status, none of my amenity buildings payed off in any spectacular fashion but they were steady performers, I'm sure that if I had planned my routes and trains a little better then I could have had a good shot at silver for the CBV and PNW.
No medal but I enjoyed the game !*th_up*! !$th_u$!
I got up and the world was still here, isn't that wonderful ?
RayofSunshine
CEO

I am starting to wonder the reason to which I am having a problem with some scenarios monitored or created by Surgus and Arop.

It doesn't seem to be a problem with other scenarios but both Great Southern Rwy and now Luzithania crash when trying to "save" it right from the initial loading. !hairpull! The reason of concern is that "you" don't have a problem "playing and trying" to determine such a problem, and sometimes, as with Luzithania, Bel may be having some problems with his type of playing, but at least is able to not encounter crashes.

Suggestions, as still not able to get any progress with the Great Southern sceanario. **!!!**
Sugus
Engineer

I've only tried to get arop's Great Southern RR not to crash while saving, because I intended to translate it into German. After I installed anthing from the extras (locomotives, buildungs, logos, etc.) I could save the map without a CtD.

The five maps made by me are:

Rorschach-Heiden Mountain Railroad
Spanish Brötli Railroad
Five Lakes Journey
Model Railway
Spectral Analysis

and requires Patch 1.06. Please, tell me, which of them are leading to problems.
There's no business like RT business ...
RayofSunshine
CEO

Sorry Surgus,

As I believed that you were the creator of either or both the Great Southern Rwy and Luzithania. I do not believe that any of your creations have given me a problem. I will have to check my "Bad Maps" folder to see which are other creations, and I do know that the first one was the DAW. There are 6 others which periodically crash, and I don't want them in my inventory, and I don't want to have any glitches or problem scenarios once I would download them onto a CD.

Thanks for your info, and I will just wait for Arop to give me some ideas, as like I mention, lately, I have not had problems with many of the later scenarios. :salute:
arop
Dispatcher

**!!!** I really don't understand why you have problems with some of my maps, I haven't had any crashes, and regrettably I don't have enought skills about computers to analyze the problem. I had some suggestions about in the topic about Great Southern. Have you tried some of my other maps, is your trouble general with my products. I suggest you could revove all events in the editor concerning locomotives and set the engines avaiable to "all American", "Europeean" or "World". Thats the only non standard elements I use. Take notice, that all my latest maps are built for RRT3 version 1.06 final edition. I really hope your problems can be solved somehow!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

If you use non-standard elements they should be stated in a read me included with the map.
What engines do you use other than what comes with 1.06?
Hawk
arop
Dispatcher

Since RT3 1.06 (final version) became avaible several engines and skins are avaiable on your site. I use was an old version of the 2-8-0 Consolidation avaiable 1881 (Bombardier aprox 2007), a Mogul avaiable 1869 (Bombardier aprox. 2007), and a 4-4-0 American (from Low Grade, July this year), but I don't think it's the problem. For instance, the map Great Southern RR has been downloaded more than 260 times, and I have only heard of a few complaints. I don't hope trouble with my maps is a general problem, I don't think so! I remember I once had crashes atempting to play "The Coal Miners daughter" and a German map about Namibia not having the Gwizz port installed on my computer. I have never had crashes playing my own maps, so it's difficault for me to tell why crashes occur for (hopefully) a few people. As told I only make maps for version 1.06.
RayofSunshine
CEO

It has been a time since I played this scenario due to "crashes". Now with a different version as well as some changes, I can say that I don't have any crashes, which is a plus, HOWEVER, although I have conn to the cities of Luz, Luacha, Ariza, and Pwela, I get booted down the track in 1885, the deadline for such connections. **!!!** Other than the skins, I have an inventory of every engine creation, so I don't believe that they would be the problem in this case. Any comments??? *!*!*!
arop
Dispatcher

:oops: I have fixed a couple of minor bugs in my latest version: a) Editor: event cities connected changed from check yearly to "when a track/station is placed". Effect none .b) event: cities unconnected, effect game lost is changed from 2all players" to "human players". Now I hope the map is ok! !$th_u$! for your comments.
Attachments
LUZITHANIA v.1.1.rar
(5.4 MiB) Downloaded 255 times
Hawk
The Big Dawg

The version in the archives here is named LUZITHANIA_v2.zip, dated 11/22/09 and is 6.4 MB
Hawk
arop
Dispatcher

**!!!** strange, because this is the latest version I have :?: