New map for rrt3 v1.06 - Brawinia

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
arop
Dispatcher

New map for rrt3 v1.06 - Brawinia Unread post

!!howdy!! This is my latest map, a fictive map, called Brawinia (beta 1). Any comments, advice or suggestions are as always welcome. :salute:
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: New map for rrt3 v1.06 Unread post

Got to the requirement early on the connections routing of Corwena to Kyczx and Saczs. At this point, although I have been working at the requirement of "machinery", I don't really know to where I can haul the required machinery. Usually there is a "port" designated, but in this case I have no idea. **!!!** Any help or comments?
:salute: {,0,}
arop
Dispatcher

;-) You can find the exact answer by downloading the RT3 1.06 Industry Chart (by Magnus) on this site. As far as I can tell, machinerery (just like electronics) is consumed in small amounts in housing, public buildings and most other industries all over the map and does not necessesarely need a port or a warehouse. :salute:
Attachments
LEDGER.jpg
LEDGER.jpg (95.35 KiB) Viewed 8104 times
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well, I ran an experiment, and Corwena being the largest city in that area, used a "consist" for the haul, which seems to work okay. However, I did see that machinery was hauled to a not intended city, so your statement is correct Arop.
Now seeing that the "building structures" were partially included, I was surprise that the "hopper yard" was not included. I used the "shed" for the accummulation of "logs". Surprised that as yet there isn't a "special" buidling. But the creators are busy with what they have accommplished.

Back to the game. :salute: {,0,}
RayofSunshine
CEO

I have run into a problem. Playing "difficulty 3" in expert, the GHW is not responding. I have 2 Electric Plants, with 45 coal at 1, and 25 at the other. However, for the past 12 years, with different attempts to increase the output, the total of GHW has not increased beyond 72. **!!!**
Don't know where the problem, but it could short change me of $10M. Well actually, it will short change me, as if now it starts to work that the the 15,000 is probably not possible to attain. *!*!*! :salute: {,0,}
RayofSunshine
CEO

I have no idea of the reasoning, but when I went back to playing, I was checking on a steel mill which didn't seem to be producing as I believed, considering the amount of supply of coal and iron. But I did see that there was a train of 3 steel hauling to a "non demand" depot. So I checked out the steel production by adding another mill, and purchased a "tool and die" for the non-demand depot. Now when I went to check the electric plants a year later, both had revenue, without any profit, but boughten up by an AI. Thought it odd of the situation and 1 year later both plants were hauling in the profit. *!*!*!
So I built a couple of plants down line from those locations, and hauled all the coal to the new plants. Which are both operating at a profit. **!!!** a real odd as my instruction sheet shows Electric Plants operational in 1890, and this is now 1918. :salute: {,0,}
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well, basiclly I did not have a programming problem or error, and in 1935 was able to get the GOLD. However, due to some type of problem as mentioned previous, I was only able to get 5K of GHW, and the Steel Mill was not producing an adequate amount of steel, and ended up with only 702 hauls. Lots of coal and iron but 2 steel mills did not get the required 1000. **!!!**

Although I merged into 3 companies, they just 'popped' up with another. In the end, and near the end of play when awarded the Gold by 1935, only 1 AI was standing, but owned all of the stock. No amount of offers were accepted.

Overall, it was a very interesting scenario, with some interesting challenges. :salute: {,0,}
arop
Dispatcher

:-D Thanks Ray. can I draw the conclucion, that this map is ready for submitment to Hawk. But I will give other opponents to give their comments within two weeks from now before :salute:
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

I'm playing it right now. The only thing I've seen so far is that "length" is mis-spelled (lenght) in the Status page. Will let you know how it goes as I play through.
arop
Dispatcher

!!howdy!! The version 1.0 of this map has now been submitted to Hawk's map archives :salute:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: New map for rrt3 v1.06 - Brawinia Unread post

Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: New map for rrt3 v1.06 - Brawinia Unread post

It took me until 1927 to get Gold on this one. :roll:

Mainly due to Industry Profit.
Brawinia.jpg
Brawinia.jpg (65.55 KiB) Viewed 4187 times
Hawk