Map PENINSULA II for patch 1.06

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
arop
Dispatcher

Map PENINSULA II for patch 1.06 Unread post

I have made a new version of my map PENINSULA, called PENNINSULA II for patch 1.06, with improved win conditions: Prequalification: Condition A) Connect the 5 major cities to the Capital within 30 years and a have a bonus of 5 mill. or you will recieve a penalty of 10 mill. Condition B) Connect minimum 150 towns and cities within 60 years and you can go for the medals, or you will loose control over your company and recieve a shabby compensation of 10 mill. (nationalisation). If you fail, try to regain control over your company if possible. GAME OPTIONS: A) Start between 1850 and 1890. The game ends in 1955 soon after the end of steam (Gold can be achieved anytime before the end of 1955). B) One prebuilt AI oponent (Rhawanian Railways) is mandatory, but has no access to Peninsula, but they will try to buy up your stocks and the Peninsulan industry. C) You can choose up to 5 AI oponents in Peninsula, you can try to take over in trying to make a complete national railway system. The landscape in Peninsula is a relative flat altiplano with long persistent grades down to the coast. The western part of the country is more montanious. The rivers are running in gorges, which, if carefully build, can be crossed on bridges without steep embankments. :-D BUILD AND HAVE FUN!!!
UncleJR
Hobo

Re: Map PENINSULA II for patch 1.06 Unread post

I added all the computer players I could, helps me get my pv up I think.

It seems that the computer is counting their connections to the cities toward the goal. Is this correct? (In other words, one of the cp had the capital set up, another had one of the cities hooked up and when I connected the two lines, I got credit for the connection.)

Didn't finish it up, and wondered what would happen if I did hook up to the other side, then found that's just not going to happen. Oh well. Guess I'll get back busy trying to get all the rest of the cities on line.

I love building maps, and this one definitely seems to have a great cash flow possible.
UncleJR
Hobo

Addendum to previous entry.

I restarted, played through 31 years and found the following:

No event kicked in. The game never did recognize my connection to Lezama, and when 1900 rolled around (year 30) ... nothing. No "Hey you didn't make it so you're fined $10 mil" or "good job, here's your $5 mil".

The status page seems to be stuck on only showing me with 3 cities connected, regardless of how many I had. (I checked it by connecting the coast, letting the new year roll around and still had 3 cities)

The status page giving the cbv is really whack. I had over 30 mil in cbv, yet it would vary between being way in the hole or having less than a mil.

The status page insisted I had 0 for industry profits, regardless of the fact that I had over a million by this time. (I'm a big industry type).

I abandoned the game at this point as I didn't want to invest a lot of time in it and end up w/ the hobo. lol.

One advantage to having so many cp's is that one of the cp's (the one that had hooked to Harwan) was really cranking up the profits and they weren't afraid to turn that into dividends. (I owned a majority of the stock yet never had to take it over to do this, they were generous enough to do it on their own!)

I'm afraid I don't know enough about the editor to check into any of this stuff so I leave that to the pros like Grandma Ruth, AZ RailRat and others.
arop
Dispatcher

:roll: I can´t understand, why you have problems? I have tested this scenario once with one AI oponent, and took him over after a few years (at first I invested in a sawmill and a papermill and build no railway) and it all seamed to work properly on my computer, and I got Bronze by the end of 1955. At last the status page showed, that I had connected 170 towns/cities. My strategy was, that I used Harwan as the central station serving all te expreses and some local freights or passenger trains. Terminals nearby was used as terminals for freight and slow trains. I´m sorry for your unconveniance, but I have not found any bugs yet.
UncleJR
Hobo

Well, my main question had to do with the $5 mil that was supposed to be awarded in 1900. (Or at least that is my understanding of when it should be awarded.)

It just didn't seem to trigger. On the plus side, I didn't get nailed with the $10 mil fine either. :lol:
arop
Dispatcher

I have checked the events and seams to be OK! CITIES CONNECTED: TRIGGER: Years elapsed since game start=30 and City connects city (Harwan to (Zalawan and Ghilrath, Ariza, Corwena, Lezama) is true). On screen players company only -X one time only event. EFFECT: Bonus +5 mill., to human companies only. CITIES UNCONNECTED: for each of the 5 mentioned cities there is a seperate event: Years elapsed since start =30 and city connects city (Harwan to (city number/name) is false). Effect: Each city unconnected will be fined with -10 mill. (human companies only). (No cities connected = -50 mill. total). Perhaps the trigger in Cities connected should be altered to: Years elapsed since start <=30 years if you manage to connect before time out. All events are triggered at the end of the year. :salute: I hope I have explained myself, I´m Danish, so English is not my native tongue.
UncleJR
Hobo

Your English is beautiful. Much better than my Danish. :-D

I'm not certain exactly why it doesn't seem to want to give the bonus to me, but as I said, at least I'm not getting the penalty.

I'll push forward and see if I can at least get credit for connecting the proper number of cities.

Thanks

Jerry
UncleJR
Hobo

Ok, I think I have it figured out.

I decided to play the map without any more cp's.

I got the 5 mil so it must be that the game wants you to have your own terminals in each of the cities.

Still never got the notice that I had connected to Lezama but as long as the computer recognized it we're golden.

**!!!**
belbincolne
Engineer

Played this for the 30 years needed to get the $5m and I did so haven't found any faults with the scenario. As before though it is so easy that all I have to for the next 40 or so years is buy/build industry and connect the few remaining towns on the map and I doubt that I'll be interested in carrying on much longer.
UncleJR
Hobo

Yeah, found out that the cities have to be connected by the human player to get the bonus. Never did get the fine, even though I hadn't personally connected to them.

I echo the above sentiment, though. I abandoned the game after I got to that point as it looked like a simple lay a bunch of track, add the requisite depots, and then work for the pv and cbv goals.
arop
Dispatcher

**!!!** Any sugestions for alternative win conditions??? I use to make my maps,the way I like to play RRT3: Play and have fun! no silly AI¨s, who build railways the most brainless way. It´s a job making the map itself. Anyone can change the win conditions the way they want, even publish their version, I don´t claim any copyright! It¨s impossible to please everyone :-D
UncleJR
Hobo

You're absolutely right, Arop.

The best way to do it is to make the map that YOU want to play and enjoy.

That's why there are so many maps out there with diverse win conditions. We all have our goals.

Sorry if it seemed that I was denigrating your hard work. :oops:
belbincolne
Engineer

Well I did play on and (on Expert) got Gold after 52 years. Could have had it a lot earlier but I only started "cheating" after I'd connected all the required towns some 25 years in. By cheating I mean I just built docks/warehouses which returned an absolute fortune - mostly well over 100% p a.

When my CBV eventually reached the $1,000m My PNW was $1,324m ($300m required) and my IP was $1,921m ($600m required). I'd also taken over the other Company and connected all 183 towns on the map.

As Arop says it's a change to have a nice easy scenario and not have to battle through the complexities of Age of Steam etc :-) :-) :-)
CeeBee
Brakeman

belbincolne wrote: By cheating I mean I just built docks/warehouses which returned an absolute fortune - mostly well over 100% p a.
How do you build docks and warehouses? I cannot buy them and they don't show up in my building build list either? I've got the Coast to Coast expansion as well as I'm patched up to and including 1.06.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Building ports and warehouses are scenario dependent and I believe it does require the 1.06 patch, which I think you have.

This shot is from the Peninsula II scenario.
Click on the image for full size view
Click on the image for full size view
Hawk
CeeBee
Brakeman

I installed 1.06 as per instructions and it shows 1.06 on the RRT3 main screen. However I've been playing PENINSULA II and I cannot build or buy ports or warehouses as they do not show up on the list to build and if I click on an existing one there is no option to buy them either. :cry:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Now that's weird. **!!!**
As you saw in the shot previously they show up as buildable for me in that scenario.

Somebody **#!help
Hawk
CeeBee
Brakeman

I just checked in the campaign and they are there to build in the first map anyway. Is it possible they have to be enabled in the editor either by the map creator or later by the individual for them to be buyable and buildable and if so, anyone got a tip or 2 on how to do it?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

CeeBee wrote:Is it possible they have to be enabled in the editor either by the map creator or later by the individual for them to be buyable and buildable and if so, anyone got a tip or 2 on how to do it?
In order to not get too (*!!topic in this thread CeeBee, check this post.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=957
Hawk
belbincolne
Engineer

Now that brings up my next question - how do you take a screen shot? I took a print screen of my final score and in my RT3 folder there is a folder called Screenshots - but it didn't appear there. How do you post it here as well?