Installation

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Installation Unread post

Hi guys! Finally got back and I've tried to download the final version of TM. Not able to do it, I don't know why. I thought I was following the instructions but it doesn't work and some of the folders are empty. I'm trying to install it into my existing TM folder. Should I just start again with a new install of RT3, do you think?
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Installation Unread post

No, you should be able to use your previous TM folder.

Then follow these instrustions:

Remove any Trainmaster files from the data\2D and 3D folders.

Empty the cargotypes, buildingtypes, and enginetypes folders.

put the Trainmaster zip file in the trainmaster folder. Unzip the files into their respective folders.

Take all the files in 2D except Trainmaster.pk4 and move them to poptopextracontent.

Take all the files in 3D and move them to poptopextracontent.

Make sure you get at least one express car set, and troop carriers set. Put those in the PoptopExtraContent folder.

Make sure your shortcut is pointing to the right file.

It should work.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Grandma Ruth wrote:I've tried to download the final version of TM. Not able to do it, I don't know why.
When you say download; do you from the site?
Hawk
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Yes. Now I've got this error message:
error message.jpg
By the way, nice to talk again! But I've got to go now. !*kiss*!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I'm confused. How can you be getting game errors if you can't download it from this site? **!!!**
Even then I have no idea what that error means.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

What Operating System are you using (32 or 64 bit)?
What graphics card, if any, are you using?
What screen resolution?

A Google search on this term "OpenPIMipmapChain" doesn't turn up a whole lot other than this forum topic - http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=156797 and this one - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p=10726468 starting at post 8.

Looks like a video driver or it's a Vista/Win 7 issue.
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

Grandma Ruth wrote: I'm trying to install it into my existing TM folder. Should I just start again with a new install of RT3, do you think?
If you had an existing TM folder and TM worked without an error message I'd try doing a fresh install of RT3 1.05 and then try installing TM. Then see if the error message still occurs or not.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Sorry, Hawk, I didn't explain what I meant properly. I downloaded it all right, but got the error when I tried to play it. I've got a new screen since I last played but I don't have this problem with 1.06. I'll keep trying.
nedfumpkin
CEO

You are missing files according to that message, but it should'nt be there....follow the instructions I posted. Also, make sure you've got a passenger car set, and a tropps carrier set.

Also, make sure that you have deleted the files necessary before installing.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Thanks! I've done it now. I think I hadn't downloaded all the files, the troop cars and what not. I'm up and running!
aquarian_star02

I get this error message
error message.jpg
Window xp home edition lost some files when HD re formatted worked before that

have all files installed to right folder
nedfumpkin
CEO

You're missing rt3_TGAW.pk4 which is an original RT3 file located in /data/3D

Try re-installing RT3, then patch to CTC then install TM. Should work then.
El Moichi
Watchman

nedfumpkin wrote:Try re-installing RT3, then patch to CTC then install TM. Should work then.
I remember the 1.05 patch should also be installed before installing TM. :mrgreen:

By the way, perhaps the German TM version should be (temporarily) removed from the download archives. Since Molse´s forum is gone, nobody knows that the subsequent installation of the German 1.1 patch is mandatory (because the 1.0 package is still containing a damaged Aluminum file, so it is impossible to generate Aluminum-related products otherwise). Furthermore, the Warehouse problem still remains unsolved up to now.
nedfumpkin
CEO

El Moichi wrote:
I remember the 1.05 patch should also be installed before installing TM. :mrgreen:

It turns out that 1.05 isn't required since it is only an exe file that is replaced by TM
El Moichi wrote: By the way, perhaps the German TM version should be (temporarily) removed from the download archives. Since Molse´s forum is gone, nobody knows that the subsequent installation of the German 1.1 patch is mandatory (because the 1.0 package is still containing a damaged Aluminum file, so it is impossible to generate Aluminum-related products otherwise). Furthermore, the Warehouse problem still remains unsolved up to now.
Perhaps Hawk could make a note of it on the d/l page, or separate the patches to be alongside the install files.

As for the warehouse problem, I discovered that it is a translation issue. Because the cargo is named differently, when you transalte maps you also have to reset the warehouses and ports to the German or English cargo in the new map.

If you want to create a German language TM sub-forum, I am okay with that so that German players can continue to pose questions and have discussions.
El Moichi
Watchman

nedfumpkin wrote:Perhaps Hawk could make a note of it on the d/l page, or separate the patches to be alongside the install files.

As for the warehouse problem, I discovered that it is a translation issue. Because the cargo is named differently, when you transalte maps you also have to reset the warehouses and ports to the German or English cargo in the new map.
Perhaps it´s possible either to re-pack the German version both including a repaired Aluminum file and an extended version of the translated "Guide of converting RT3 maps into TM" which I could complement with the Warehouse informations.
nedfumpkin wrote:If you want to create a German language TM sub-forum, I am okay with that so that German players can continue to pose questions and have discussions.
Thank you. But, in my opinion, a German forum isn´t required as there has been some, but not much response at Molse´s forum (and those who don´t speak any English words at all won´t know about Hawk`s forum).

Indeed, if you don´t want to read my badly language-skilled posts anymore, feel free to set up. :lol: :lol:

Edit:
nedfumpkin wrote:Perhaps Hawk could make a note of it on the d/l page (....)
Finally, there could be a note on the download page referring to actual changes of the German version. In my opinion, that´s sufficient. 8-) Perhaps this could also be a part of the German readme file.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

OK! I guess I'm being a little thick here. *!*!*!
If I were to add a note, or move stuff around, could someone please explain in a little more detail what I'm doing? **!!!**
Hawk