Company's have no need/produce of cargo

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
Lama
Brakeman

Re: Company's have no need/produce of cargo Unread post

As there is no demand for waste in the regular industries, the good is not showing up. Hence, none of the buildings that ordinarily would produce it, are producing it on this map, either.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I'm not sure what to say.
El Moichi
Watchman

Lama wrote:On the Weidenthal map I am working on, they do show up, but their cargo pane is entirely empty, displaying neither numbers nor goods icons.
Lama has sent me his Weidenthal map for test play and I am running into similar issues with the warehouses on that map. To check for, I installed an English TM version (and for I am quite lazy, I used the MSI).

Playing the English version, the warehouse on that map looks as intended by the map maker:
Warehouse_EN.JPG
Playing the German version, the same warehouse doesn´t have any supply and demand:
Warehouse_GER.JPG
The warehouses on the "TheHub" maps by Edbangor, who also have been converted from original standard RRT3 maps, are working well.

Also, the scrapyard and the apothecary don´t show any cargo demand on that map if played with the German version.

Does anyone have an idea regarding this bug?
Lama
Brakeman

To add to this, the apothecary and scrapyard do not show cargo demand in the English version, either.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I'll look into this and figure it out.
El Moichi
Watchman

To add more information (or maybe more confusion) to this topic, I have compared the cargo demand and supply of the warehouses by playing TM maps with both the English and German TM version.

Nearly every warehouse is missing it´s cargo supply and demand when the game is played with the German version, while everything is there as it should be when playing the English one. Sometimes all of it is missing, and sometimes some of the cargoes stay and other disappear.

Here´s another example of the same warehouse (it´s from the Aperi-Ski map). The English version is shown at the top, the German one below.
Interior Suppliers Warehouse.jpeg
Note that all of the demanded cargo is gone except for the rubber.

Now, I went to the editor of the German game version and checked the Port/Warehouse Cargo folder to see which selections have been made at the Cargo Recipe menu for this warehouse.
Interior Supplies Cargo Recipe Book.JPG
As you can see, all demanded cargoes except for the rubber (= Gummi) are automatically replaced by alcohol when playing the German version. (Believe me I don´t object having more alcohol into the game, but it isn´t really supplied instead of the originally intended cargoes… :mrgreen: ).

However, at this point I remembered what edbangor wrote in his “Guide to converting RRT3 maps into TM”:
However, due to the cargos being different there are going to be changes to be made. Any cargo that you had selected in RRT3 but which do not appear in TM will have been reset to ALCOHOL, (this is the first on the cargo list alphabetically).
So, regarding the fact that warehouse (and port) cargoes appear as originally set up by the map maker in standard German RRT3 game but not into the German TM version, I believe that this issue is possibly caused by a different alphabetical appearance of German cargo names into some database tables which are read by setting up warehouse cargo during loading a map.

**!!!**
nedfumpkin
CEO

I haven't had a chance to look into this in depth, but I think it is because the cargos have different names in the german version so maps need to be converted to german and this would be part of the process.