Lama's list of things he doesn't understand

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
Lama
Brakeman

Re: Lama's list of things he doesn't understand Unread post

That is strange, and I will run another test. A very similar building, the museum, will have a noticeable effect on pax volume, as soon as it is placed by event. I'll try a blank map with just a city and a theme park, and will see what happens.
nedfumpkin
CEO

let me know how it works.

Edit...I am going to double check the files for the theme park to make sure there isn't an error in them. They are producing mail though it seems. hmmm.
El Moichi
Watchman

To check the Theme park, I went into the editor and set up some kind of "test map" as suggested by Lars. I built two cities and placed an isolated Theme Park in between. I was playing this “map” for about ten years and no passengers showed up at the Theme Park station, while passenger service between both cities ran well. Also, there was no effect by delivering passenger loads to the Theme Park station and leave them there.

I ran a second try placing a hotel at the Theme Park station, because I was thinking about the passenger supply and demand of the hotel would “stimulate” the Theme Park to get into traffic, but only a very few passengers did appear at this station now so I think that those were supplied by the hotel only.
Lama
Brakeman

I know for a fact that hotels suppply and demand pax, so that would be what you saw.
nedfumpkin
CEO

As it turns out, the values for pax in the theme park and sea world were off by a cell. I've fixed it and it should work with these files...

Unzip them to .../data/building types
Attachments
ThemeParkFix.zip
(535 Bytes) Downloaded 270 times
El Moichi
Watchman

(0!!0)

Thanks a lot.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Someone check them to see if they work. They seem to on my test map, but I couldn't exactly get a handle on them. At the end of the year it consumes the pax it seems.
Lama
Brakeman

Cool! Thank you! Will check it out once I get home.
El Moichi
Watchman

nedfumpkin wrote:Someone check them to see if they work.
What I´ve been learning today is that you obviously can´t remove files formerly installed by MSI. My German MSI installation messed up immediately after changing the *.bca files, so I removed it completely and installed a "fresh" copy, with the same result. It´s such a pity, since the MSI install is working fast and comfortable. Reto, where are you...? :-D

I´ll try the files tomorrow on my other notebook, which has a "manually" installed TM copy.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I never have cared for MSI and try to avoid it whenever possible, mainly because it is a Micro$oft app.
As for TM, I prefer the manual install. :mrgreen:
Hawk
El Moichi
Watchman

El Moichi wrote:What I´ve been learning today is that you obviously can´t remove files formerly installed by MSI.
Life is learning, and life continues by different learning. In this case, forget about the experience of yesterday because the files also immediately messed up my "old school" installation of TM on my other notebook. Same thing as happened to my MSI installation.

So, I think this issue has something to do with both my installations are German versions, as I have the German MSI installation on the one notebook (which is otherwise only used for internet connection and collecting downloads) and a (formerly) original installation on the other one, which slowly swept over to become a German version by developing the translations in early 2010. Maybe it´s the RT3.exe which is causing this troubles, or maybe the English *.bca files don´t match with German *.bcy files. Or something else.

Surely, I would be able to re-construct that installation (or download an english one and install), but since I had a hard day at work, I don´t have the patience now. Maybe I´ll try it out this weekend, which bad weather is predicted for. :roll:
nedfumpkin
CEO

I am concerned about the MSI issues. I must confess that I have no experience with the concept so I can't help you there.

But there is no real difference between the german and english files. But....since I have the manual install and the MSI install for the german versions (I have 8 RT3 installations on my computer), but I just checked and the MSI install has 258 files in building types, but the master TM install, and the manual german install both have 369 files.

There seems to be files missing in the MSI version that I will look into.
El Moichi
Watchman

To be sure not to be misunderstood: I exchanged both files in my "building types" folder which was once manually installed (not by MSI) and later the included files where replaced by the German ones you sent me after translating. This folder contains 350+ files.

After doing so, I can select "new map" on the main menu but once pressing the "ok" button after changing game options, a ctd occurs immediately.

If I replace the files by the former ones, the game runs without problems (and without passengers running for the Theme Park). This has nothing to do with the MSI installation.

Please try it out with your own German installation to compare if the same issue occurs.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Okay, I'll make the corrections to the German version files and you can test those out.
Sugus
Engineer

Hawk wrote:I never have cared for MSI and try to avoid it whenever possible, mainly because it is a Micro$oft app.
As for TM, I prefer the manual install. :mrgreen:
I "talked" about MSI some months ago in the (unfortunately no more exitsting) forum of Molse, where I tried to explain, why you should fight with tooth and nail against these "complete packages". Reto and Michi, you remenber? :)

Tell about that to your Linux experienced friendes (if any), and they will laugh their head off!

All in all: q.e.d. (I'm still fighting this way with my younger workmates. They think that "Microsoft" is a synonym for "Heaven".)
There's no business like RT business ...