Monkey Motors

Discuss scenarios and strategies for game play.
aquarian_star02

Re: Monkey Motors Unread post

Attempted to play this one it says to ship x number of motors (alias autos) by there is no way to build autos
Moggie
Conductor

Once you get access to Auto City you'll be able to make cars.

edit: The word "motor" is still sometimes used for a car in the UK.
Moggie
Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
Trainmaster's own Skimbleshanks :)
aquarian_star02

It says take x number of motors (autos) to a city but i find no supply of same any place.
edbangor
Dispatcher

aquarian_star wrote:It says take x number of motors (autos) to a city but i find no supply of same any place.
If I remember correctly - and it's been a while since I even played TM let alone did the scenario - the appearance of the Auto factories are time delayed and will only be on the map once the correct game year has been reached. This is worked into the scenario so they'll be there when you need them and is part of the challenge, of course.

And yes, 'motors' is fairly common English - or British as Microsoft like to call it - speak for cars / Autos etc
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
philbill

Hi,
Great scenario.
However, for some reason I cannot connect to valley city. The slope I think is too steep and no matter what settings it will not tunnel through. I assume I cannot get rights to go further until valley city is connected?
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Phil
RulerofRails
CEO

Hi Phil,

Welcome! Sorry no one replied sooner. In Monkey Motors you need to connect to all the cities in the territory called "Near Side" before you can enter the mountains. It should be easy to see from the territory map which territories are green. If you hover your mouse over an individual territory it will light up on the map.

I would also suggest that you use the valleys provided for track-laying. Tunnels aren't necessary on this map. The "No-Go zone" territory is virtually useless to the player as it has no cities and bad terrain. Don't bother with it.

Hope this helps. If not, perhaps you could post a screenshot of where you are trying to build.