TheHub3 Civilian (a TM exclusive!)

Discuss scenarios and strategies for game play.
edbangor
Dispatcher

TheHub3 Civilian (a TM exclusive!) Unread post

The third and final map in this series, unlike the previous two, hasn't been converted from RRT3 but is brand new and exclusive to the wonder that is TRAINMASTER.

For this reason, although based on the same original map, has been completely redone. The map redrawn, and repainted, although that has a lot to do with the storyline seeing the territories being flooded. The cargo has also been totally rebalanced for a long extended gaming. There's also new charectors, plus some re-appearances from previous ones as the plotline comes to an end.

Anyway, this scenario comes in three parts. The first is a standard dot-to-do up to yardswitcher which anyone should be able to do. However, it's not that easy, as there's no stock market or bonds, so you really have to work on the industry side although there is some help in the initial part of the game.
Once that's done, you have to start building those bridges to head towards Stationmaster with some helpfull deliveries, but then things are going to get tricky...

This map, and the two previous ones are available on the Other Lands page here:

http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/TM/tm_other.htm
Attachments
Image1.jpg
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
banest
Cat

Re: TheHub3 Civilian (a TM exclusive!) Unread post

Nice scenario. First few years i just focused on building meat packing, cereal companies, flour mill, paper mill, creamery, hemp and corn plantation near almost every farm... Main problem later was how to spend the money...
Moggie
Conductor

!hairpull! ! How am I supposed to run a business when N.E.D. keeps siphoning away all my money? 5 mill a year isn't exactly peanuts!
Moggie
Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
Trainmaster's own Skimbleshanks :)
edbangor
Dispatcher

Sounds like you needed to build up your industry infurstructre a lot more than you did in the earlier part/s of the game before N.E.D started making their demands in a way similar to what banest said in the message above yours.
Moggie
Conductor

Yep, looks like it. Maybe I was gunning too hard to get the N.E.D. depot's connected and "secure" bronze. Well, on to a new attempt! !*th_up*!
Moggie
Moggie
Conductor

I was still left with Trackswitcher or bronze. I did get further now, but my industrial base still wasn't strong enough :-( . However, building an industrial base is clearly the key to success here.
Moggie
edbangor
Dispatcher

Moggie wrote:I was still left with Trackswitcher or bronze. I did get further now, but my industrial base still wasn't strong enough :-( . However, building an industrial base is clearly the key to success here.
Actually that's the key to winning nearly all of my scenarios.... oh... maybe I shouldn't tell you that.. ^**lylgh
Blackhawk
CEO

I suppose I'll have to try this one out soon. I can't remember if I've played part 1 and 2. Or maybe I should get back to finishing a scenario. Decisions... decisions.

I'd say a frequent theme in many of Ed's scenarios is having to build up your own industrial base. [as he just admitted himself] Sort of like other scenario creators just like to make scenarios about building track and running trains or having to switch companies and do certain goals etc. I'm not sure how many scenarios i'll end up creating, each one of mine seems to take a long time as I like to try to perfect as much as I can and playtest it repeatedly. But hopefully I'll try to keep people guessing as to how the scenario plays out. (although I do like making use of industries and industrial profits)