Australia Federation

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
BikerTim
Brakeman

Australia Federation Unread post

I am a little surprised nobody had started a topic on this one yet. It is a good scenario. But last time out, I did find a bug. The gold medal requirements, as stated at the start of the scenario, and on the briefings on the annual ledger, are: 30 points (I had 32), $20 million industrial profit (I was way over that), and PNW of $10 million. I missed that last one. My PNW at the end was between $7.5 and $8 million. Enough for the silver medal, with its requirement of $5 million. But I was only awarded a bronze medal.

When I checked the programming, I learned that both the silver and gold medal requirements also include connecting certain capital cities. This is not mentioned anywhere at the beginning, on the ledger briefing, or the last sheet of the ledger. So it needs to be added in.

!#2bits#!
Life is not fair, but it is still good.
OilCan
Engineer

Re: Australia Federation Unread post

I've run across a mismatch between the game goals shown at the start of a game and the internal events controlling the goals on a few games...actually very few games. The Australian Federation game is point based and it does come with a game brief posted with the game. The game brief is very descriptive. It lists the points per task plus the requirements for each metal. I am guilty for not reading many of the game briefs before playing a game and later wishing that I had. I guess there is a lesson in this somewhere and one I have a hard time remembering.....the same lesson about reading the instruction manual before trying to assemble something new.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

You can go back and read the briefing at any time by clicking on the 'File Options' button (the same button you use to exit the game) and then click on 'Briefing'. ;-)
Hawk
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

It can also be reached through the "Status" page in the Ledger (down in the lower left corner).
BikerTim
Brakeman

I had already done both. It just was not there. I must have an older version of this scenario.

h_b'day*!

Tomorrow is my birthday!
Life is not fair, but it is still good.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I just had a look at the briefing for this scenario and the version I have, that's available at this site, it states that you need to connect the 8 capitols. It's also in the ledger and the rtf file found in the zip.
Click on image to view full size
Happy early Birthday! :salute:
!!party*!
Edit 1: I just noticed, you're only 6 years younger than me. :mrgreen:
Hawk