Tendance au Relhauffement (Warming Trend)

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Tendance au Relhauffement (Warming Trend) Unread post

This is a very interesting sceanario. It has good terrain and imagination in its concept. Some of the fun is to go to the Yahoo translation site to find out what is being indicated by the "Briefing", in the goals which must be obtained. Also the notices in the newspapers.

I would believe that there would be a greater download if in "English", but being in a French language, it gives a player an insentive to work out the translation. However, if it wasn't for the Yahoo tranlator site, it would be more difficult to enjoy the meaning of what is being indicated in the historical agendas.

It is my opinion that more players should just take the time to play this scenario. If in doubt of the translations, the Yahoo adddress is in the French RT3 site. I should have copied it for input of this thread, but forgot. I will have to go back for it, as with this translation site, I will be more inclined to player sceanarios, such as those in German, of other countries. It makes for a more interesting time of playing. !*th_up*!

Ray of Sunshine
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: Tendance au Relhauffement Unread post

Well I find it of such interest to be able to know the meaning of the text in other languages, that I just had to get the translation site to pass it to others.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

Have fun
RayofSunshine
CEO

OH, I forgot to mention a question. There is a requirement to haul "tobacco" into the etats_unis 0/10, which is the US. Tobacco is none of the commodities, and I am unable to detect which available commodity is being used to be the equivelant. **!!!** Any suggestions? *!*!*!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

You could download the English version called Warming Trend. ;-)
Hawk
Sugus
Engineer

On the German speaking counterpart of this marvelous forum (all my thanks to Hawk) - we (Molse, El Moichi and I) are actually working on Molse's new download center presenting "any RT3 map known in the world" in at least both English and German. :-D

So, for example,
Tendance au Rech(l)auffement (Frrrrench)
and
Warming Trend (Englich)
will be seen in Molse's DL center as
"Erwärmung der Beziehungen zu Amerika"
as soon as possible, shouldn't it?

Ok, seems to be a joke.

Nevertheless, "Tendance au Rechauffement" will be handled seriouslely by me and I'm still working on translating all these
great maps into German as good as I'm able to do it.
There's no business like RT business ...
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well thanks for the info Hawk and Sugus,

But although it is taking more time to keep going back to the Yahoo translation site, it is interesting to see the meanings of the ideas being mentioned. Sort of missed of not taking the time to learn another language. My Father was born in Checkoslavakia, and learned English to become an American citizen, which was the law at that time. But he lived in a Polish community and could speak it fluently. Once Russia took over the Check Republic, the language changed, and he had to spend hours trying to write a correspondence to his family. Anyway, I congratulate anyone who has the talents to be bi-lingual, and don't have to apologize for the minor mistakes which occur in them trying to communicate with our English speaking citizens. :salute:

I will have to check to see if I have the Warm Trend downloaded, and will be interested to see if there is complete comparison between the different scenarios. I just believe that it would be a waste to not ""trying"" to play scenarios of the different languages, and now that I can use the Yahoo translator site, I am going to go back to those scenarios of a different language which I have saved to a "special" folder, and enjoy the imaginations of the scenario creators. And I thank those creators for their talents. !*th_up*!
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well Fellas,
As long as I had been playing the French version, I continued it to the end, but have run into a problem to obtain the Gold. The connection of 30/30 cities. I am hung up on the 30th city of Manitouwaning which is on a island. In an attempt to connect from Whitefish, Saugee Rilver, or either Mississagi or Sault Ste Marie, I get the same response of "suspension bridges have not yet been introduced". or something to that effect. Anyway, has anyone been able to reach Manitouwaning in either the French version, or that of the English "Warm Trend"? {,0,}
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Suspension bridges become available in 1895 I believe.
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well, I sort of thought the date around 1900, BUT, this sceanrio has a deadline date of """1875""". Am waiting to see what the creator, JayEff, has to give as a solution to try and connect to the island city of Manitouwaning. Then again maybe the 30/30 is a goal, but not necessary for the Gold medal. **!!!**