Isle of Man

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Isle of Man Unread post

I believe that this scenario is a translation from the German, and in the Molse web site. It is my intention to play any scenario out of respect to a creator who spent the time, talent, and immagination for such a creation. But this scenario has too little to offer, and in my playing has a bug.

the goals are simple. Company cash levels of BZ $6M, Silver $8M, and Gold $10M. There is a 40 year time deadline, but in Expert, I was able to attain the $10M in 18 years. But no medal. **!!!**

Hence I continued to play in the "very fast" speed to get to the deadline of 40 years. There is 1 AI, and I merger with it, although the Chairman started anothr RWY. Now at the deadline the year end ledger book showed cash of $133.6M. I not only did not get the Gold, but did get a notice to "walk the track". *!*!*!

The Isle itself if very hilly, but could be considered a good scenario terrain, but unless a person just likes to ""play"", it is a boring concept of challenge. Sorry if I have offended the creator, but it takes al lot for me to be disappointed. :salute:
Sugus
Engineer

Re: Isle of Man Unread post

This map was created in English by Taleisin - I simply translated it into German. And ok, Ray, it's not really hard to be successful ...
There's no business like RT business ...
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well thanks for the info Sugus,

I guess I jumped to conclusions, as I downloaded it into a stand-by folder from Molse's web site, and there-by made a wrong deduction as to its origin. *!*!*!

It was a disappointment to me. Not that I did not get a medal, as I play scenarios which don't have medals, just for the fun of it. BUT, this one was so ""easy"" in the Expert level, and to give a player 40 years to accomplish the Gold medal in roughly 18 that is just .................. whatever you want to call it. **!!!**

The terrain has its "bumps" which are manageable with the engines provided, and I know that it takes time to have created the map, let alone the placement of cities, which are in themselves an education of geography, and then to ""short change"" the difficulty, or rather the ""lacke of"", to be considered a challenge. !hairpull!

I am going to do a little research to see if Taleisin has "completed" any other creations. There is some talent in making the terrain of the map, as well as Taleisin taking the time to make such a creation. Hate to see his talent go to waste if he has discontinued such talent.

It is not for me to really critize any one with a user creation talent, as my knowledge and capabilities with programming is..........turn it on, and turn it off. LOL
Sugus
Engineer

Ok - "Isle of Man" could be Taleisin's flop. But did you ever play his "Fosse-Lyes-Hottmudd", "Hexum" or the (in principal medal-less) "Scrimshaw"? From my point of view, Taleisin is one of the greatest map creator!
There's no business like RT business ...
RayofSunshine
CEO

No I have not Sugus,

But have written down the titles. However, it could be a time, as I have not come across those scenarios in Molse web site, and it might be longer, as I am tryig to find a web site which translates "full sentences etc" to English. But thanks for the info. :salute:
Sugus wrote:Ok - "Isle of Man" could be Taleisin's flop. But did you ever play his "Fosse-Lyes-Hottmudd", "Hexum" or the (in principal medal-less) "Scrimshaw"? From my point of view, Taleisin is one of the greatest map creator!
belbincolne
Engineer

And here's another mystery for me - where do I download this from?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Isle of Man is in the Europe section.
Hawk
belbincolne
Engineer

Thanks Hawk - looks like quite a few I haven't got there!
belbincolne
Engineer

Have to agree with Ray. On normal got Gold in well under 20 years and played on to achieve my own objectives - connect every town (tricky at times), no bonds and take over AI - stopped at 24 as nothing on map left to do. However do agree that Taleisin's scenarios are usually great. On to another.