Snake River

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
belbincolne
Engineer

Snake River Unread post

Thought I'd seen something on this but if so once again cant find it.

Gave it a try on the tycooning scenario and will have another on the railroading one next.

Once again found it a nice scenario but b.. dificult. Trouble was that every AI proved to be very profitable even if my company and myself were mostly the top dog and I was only able to take over two of the five. Anyway !$th_u$!
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Re: Snake River Unread post

I took the "Tycoon" option and yes, the AIs do very well. I'm at 1911, have only one AI left to go (of which I own most of the stock) and am just waiting to build enough cash for a takeover. A very nice map with lots of cities and primary producers. I've built or bought lots of industries and have a pretty extensive rail network, so it's just sit back and wait to make the last takeover. I think my PNW is somewhere around $55M so I can sell off a bunch of shares in the remaining AI company to drive down the price and make takeover sooner than later.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

When I tried it on the Tycoon option, I was the only railroad on the map by 1910, but I only had a PNW of 5 mil.
I pretty much gave up at that point. I couldn't see getting Gold in the next 10 years.
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

I had a fairly good rwy system, but was unable to get an adequate amount of stock to merge with the largest AI. The AI bought up his stock faster than I was able. My attempts were both in the Recession as well as the Booming, but attempts failed. *!*!*! Will have to give it a try again, as it is a very well planned terrain, as well as a great challenge. MSU just has a better method/system than some of us. :lol:
belbincolne
Engineer

So - played on the Railroading version with no AIs. Got Gold over 10 years early so exact opposite to Tycooning. Bit too easy really though after all the hard ones I've been playing made a welcome change. Back to try the Tycooning again!
belbincolne
Engineer

Had another tycoon - this time concentrated (obviously far too much) on PNW. Made sure in the early years that I got that $350k and bought up AI shares. Finished well above target PNW - but no Company cash so although I could take them all over at book only had cash to do weakest and by time I'd paid off his 15% Bonds knew there was no chance although I persevered to the end !hairpull! !hairpull! :evil: :twisted: :evil:
joost
Hobo

thanks A LOT for this! Great scenario with great events.
I played tycoon version and it wasn't too hard after all. Just invest everything in the other companies and issue stock every year. (you can even make a nice profit on the side by buying stock in your own company after issuing and sell just before you issue new stock. When you control the other companies confortably you can manipulate the share price and pay yourself whatever you need at the merger to to get to $35M PNW.
really nice scenario, highly recommended.