Great Lakes

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Great Lakes Unread post

The following text is a compilation of what was salvaged from the old Gathering Forum. It contains postings from several different people.
Thanks goes out to Wolverine for putting this all together.

Hawk

Great Lakes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A map of the Great Lakes area is available for download at Cyberail. Make sure you get the updated map. It will say v1.0 in the briefing page.
Enjoy and any comments are welcome.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks, I'm getting a better map collection than the ordnance survey people.
I cannot get past the awesome Cyberail intor ??
I can email you the file if you can't get it from Cyberail.
Can you supply a link for the download? I'd be interested in that map as well. Thanks.
http://www.cyberail.net/cyberail.html
look in the download/map section
Thanks for the link. But when I go to that forum, it gives me a broken link for downloading the map. What am I doing wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong. For some reason downloading by left-clicking doesn't work.
Right-click the zip file and choose Save Target As from the menu.
Let me know if you have any other problems.
hehe... tried that, it downloaded the broken link image.
Can you help me out.
I'm sending you the file via email.
Let me know if you don't get it.
Thanks, got it!
Can you email the map to me also?
Thanks!!
The zipped map file has been emailed.
Let me know if you don't get it.
That was really Suhweet. I enjoyed the challenge of the haul requirments since it forces you to do certain things. For Example I made Cleavland the clearing house for corn.
On one attempt I had the gold and I was making Cadillacs. But I made a major managment mistake and settled for silver. Between Kalamazoo and South Bend on an AI built route there was a coaling tower and then a hill. It seems I left one to many Dukes and A major bottleneck insued. A panic of double track was hillarious and it took something like 4 years total to unsnarl. I played past the cutoff date just to see how long it would take to clean up.
On my gold run I went heavy on trains and was squeezing every profit I could out of the system. I got a little over concerned about the haulage and went a bit ov er on this as there generally isnt much proffit in it. I was the Michigan Lumber and lumber products king. If you wanted such I made a buck I had 2 upgraded toy factories and an upgraded furniture faxctory.
Gold Stats:
Material Hauled:corn 83, Produce 55, milk 85
Auto's Hauled:Duluth 12, Ceadar Rapids 28
PNW: $19,484,210
I give this map a deffinite A plus. I like the reginal size and the haulage and storyline is neat.
Glad you enjoyed it.
As I mentioned in my past Cyberail post I'm currently working on an Alaskan map. I've just finished painting the terrain and have an hour or two to put in forests. I've yet to specify building densities for all the cities (regions are done for resources), but that should be done in a day or two. After that I'm ready to test some Win-Lose conditions.
This will be kind of a 'Disasters in Alaska' scenario. Right now the goal to win will be to retain control of your company. I don't want to give to much out but I think it'll be more entertaining than the Great Lakes scenario.
It should be available in another week or so for open testing and public input.
Thanks for the positive review, and again, I'm glad you had fun playing the GL map.
I too really enjoyed your Great Lakes map. I struggled to meet the haulage for Gold but made it, BUT I had a problem with the auto haulage count to Cedar Rapids.
I shipped over 20 autos there but only 7 were counted as delivered. I wached the trains deliver the autos and I observed that hey were in the inventory of goods at Cedar Rapids. For a while I thought it was counting loads FROM Cedar Rapids so I tested that, but that wasn't the problem.
Do you have any thoughts? Needless to say, this was frustrating.
Thanks for a terrific map.
An earlier version of the map had the wrong variable being reported in the status page for haulage to Cedar Rapids. The fixed map should have v1.0 listed in the briefing page.
The updated map (ver.1.0) can be downloaded from Cyberails map forum titled "Great Lakes-Updated".
Thanks. I will download it and start playing tonight. Great game!
RayofSunshine
CEO

Great Lakes Unread post

This is another RRT3 scenario of which I found in my RT2 inventory. I did not attain the Gold, but that doesn't surprise me. LOL

Start date of 1875, and deadline of 1900. I got to 1897, only to find that I could not get the Gold.

BZ was to make cnns of DLH, CHI, DET, and CLE. Silver was to make 25 hauls of corn, milk, and produce to CLE.
I fell short on the produce. I also fell short on the $10M for PNW. But the real challenge was that of the 10 autos to CDR (Cedar City IA) and DLH. Both the coal and iron for steel were in ONT (Ontario). Access was $2M.
And being that a player has to be the sole survivor, of which I did have control, I didn't even check to see from where the "rubber for tires". The "steel mill" did become available, but I did not check to see for that of a "tire factory".

Usually I do better in the results of a medal, but these 3 "found" scenarios were being played to just find out their challenges and scope. They are all of a good concept, and believe worthwhile attempts. :salute: {,0,}