East of the Mississippi II

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
RayofSunshine
CEO

East of the Mississippi II Unread post

This is a general type of a portion of the US, and is fairly a new scenario, with 500+ downloads. But do not see any Review or Strategic thread. Guess it is simple enough and really doesn't need much explanation text to play. :?: However, it does take some strategy to get the financial amounts to get the medals.

However, I am in the 15+ year of play, and the only water/sand and maintainence shed I have had to install is of my first laid track out of NYC. Periodically I keep checking to see how the other 20+ trains do without these usually "necessities of operation".

Could be my computer, but would like some comment from other players to see if they are having the same problem. Sure saves a lot of revenue, but isn't "to hoyal" without these "necessities" being a part of the game.

Ray of Sunshine
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: East_of_the_Mississippi_II Unread post

Nope! It's not your computer. It's in the scenario settings. :mrgreen:
EoM.jpg
EoM.jpg (46.7 KiB) Viewed 3436 times
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

This now is a puzzle. As a little detective work. Usually I will save an initial "save" right after I "start a company". That way I can always go back for another attempt if I believe the sceanario can be played differently. Now I didn't play another 20 trains, but did have a problem with the operation. So I downloaded the scenario again, over writing the first download. I only started a couple of trains as a test, and they ran out of everything as programed. Evidently something got lost in the initial download. Will see if any further similar problem occurs with a greater number of trains get used.

Ray of Sunshine
Hawk
The Big Dawg

So you're saying that downloading the map again has overridden the settings in the scenario?
Hawk
arop
Dispatcher

The reason I have made these settings is A) to make long runs between junctions possible with minimum breakdowns, having service facilities only near junctions and other strategic points like in the real world, rather than having them placed in the middle of nowhere. B) In some maps I have eleminated the need of sanding to make it possible to remove water facilities at the end of steam (just like in the real world). C) These settings are for screen player only, trying to avoid the "silly" AI´s having long hauls using my trackage.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Okay Arop and Hawk,

Upon playing the scenario for a few years, and initiating depots in NYC, CHI, MSY, MEM etc, I do find that the short hauls do require water/sand/maintainence. Any long hauls are negative. What was confusing for a time was the useage of these requirements for certain operative trains. e.g. NYC to Trenton, consistant use of the amenities. NYC to PHL, negative. HOWEVER e.g. that the same train went from NYC to Trention, back to NYC and then PHL, the amenities gauges would only record the short haul.

So to answer Hawk's question. Rebooting the scenario did not change overall. When I gave the explanation in a previous thread, I had not fully expanded my depot expansion in the number of territories. Hence the explanation was not complete.

This programming which Arop has introduced is something of a novelty, which I do not believe has been used previous. Well, at least I was not aware. Very interesting.

Ray of Sunshine