New map for rrt3 v1.06 Costa Rica - 1873

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
arop
Dispatcher

New map for rrt3 v1.06 Costa Rica - 1873 Unread post

!!howdy!! Attached below you will find the beta version af my latest map, Costa Rica 1873. Legend for the network map covering Costa Rica is as follows:
A) Blue lines shows public railways as built. B) Yellow lines shows isolated plantation railways built and owned by United Fruit Company (now closed). C) Black shows the proposed Pacific Coast Railway as it could have been. D) Green line is "the artist's impression". Any comments, advice or suggestions about this map are welcome :salute: NOTICE: version 1.0 (final) to be found below :salute:
Attachments
Network COSTA RICA.jpg
Last edited by arop on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sugus
Engineer

Re: New map for rrt3 v1.06 Costa Rica, beta version Unread post

I've just played it on normal and got Gold in 1913, immediately after I'd hauled 3000 loads of coffee. The number of loads of produce hauled at this moment was 1921. No problems detected !*th_up*! , but I would prefer to have a better locomotive at once in 1900, e.g. the P8, because now you have to wait till 1907 for the Mastodon.
There's no business like RT business ...
arop
Dispatcher

!$th_u$! for your comments. The P8 is a very good engine, but it is a German engine. In the real Costa Rican world, only North American engine types were avaiable with wheel arrangements such as 2-4-0 (symbolized by the 4-4-0 American), 2-6-0 Moguls, 4-6-0 Ten wheelers and 2-8-2 Mikados. I have added the 4-8-0 Mastodon, the 4-6-2 Pacific and the shay. I have done much research on Costa Rica trying to make this map as realistic as possible :salute:
Last edited by arop on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sugus
Engineer

Ok, I agree - let the map as you did! :salute:
There's no business like RT business ...
RayofSunshine
CEO

This scenario has a good challenge, and the terrain is very doable for operations. I did manage to get the Silver, as I fell short on the CBV. It seems that every scenario I play, tends to leave me with either a Recession or Depression in the last few years.
I was not able to complete the 3.0K for the Produce or Coffee either. Produce was within a few hundred, but only managed to get 1/2 of the requirement for the coffee. Was even running fertilizers to help increase production, but fell short. A great challenge.
In the attempt to fulfill the requirement for the lIP, I don't believe that there was a commodity which was forgotten. Even bought some supply farms, to which I did not run track. Some farms being so far away that the track maintainence would have been out of bounds against the revenue obtained.
Don't know how you could improve on the creation, and I enjoyed its concept of immagination. :salute: {,0,}
arop
Dispatcher

!$th_u$! for your comments. It seems that this map is almost ready for release as a version 1.0, but I'm waiting for a book about Costa Rican Railways I have ordered. After I have recieved this book, I'll finish this map attempting to make it as accurate as possible within the limits of this game :salute:
RayofSunshine
CEO

This has nothing to do with the map, sort of. But I collected stamps, of which this sceanrio brings back memories, as I do recall stamps issued of the rulers of Costa Rica, one of which was Alfredo Rajos. (hope I spelled correctly) I did not know the background of the country itself, and this scenario brings to light its history, of which I find very interesting. I am not more interested in RRT3, so the stamp albums are stored for my hiers. :salute: {,0,}
arop
Dispatcher

(0!!0) Attached below, you'll find version 1.0 of the Costa Rica map. Have plessure! :salute:

Edit by Hawk: File deleted. Now available in the archives.
arop
Dispatcher

:salute: I have just sent this map attached to a PM to Hawk.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well Arop,
I laid track as your suggestion, but also a lot more for other commodities for both the LIP and CBV. Did manage to get the Gold with Expert, in 1927, with every challenge complete, except the Produce. 2337. I did make a couple of errors in the challenge, so fell short, as even with 20 hauls a year, I would still not be able to acquire the 3000 by 1930. I say error, as I could, or should have used a faster engine. However, hauling a lot of 1 consist per haul, it would have cut me short on the CBV.
I believe I purchased 95% of the overall commodity supply, and even doubled up on a few of the industries.

A good challenge, and hope others find this scenario as enjoyable as I. :salute: {,0,}
arop
Dispatcher

!$th_u$! Ray for your comments. With this map I tried to tell the story aboutt US dominance in central America in these days, for the good and the bad. But giving room for cities where railroads were planned, but never built. In the real world the story of the Costa Rican Railrods is tragic, but maybe, while the tracks in the central parts of the contry are still in place, but disused and overgrown by weeds, a revival of rail transportation is possible.