Chicago, Minneapolis, & St. Paul

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
SteamTrain
Hobo

Chicago, Minneapolis, & St. Paul Unread post

I have personally play this scenario many time. I hope you also enjoy it. I welcome your thoughts, suggestions and criticisms.
arop
Dispatcher

Re: Chicago, Minneapolis, & St. Paul Unread post

;-) Everyone can use my maps as they please for new scenarios, but I think it would be polite to mention it somewhere, that the original map was an Arop map, called West from Chicago :salute: !!jabber!!
SteamTrain
Hobo

Please except my apology. You are correct.
RayofSunshine
CEO

In my downloading of the 6 new scenarios, I find a "read me" text, which incidates that a Rail Yard Structures are required, and would be found in User Creations, and then H&B Railroad Site. Nothing with the H&B Railroad Site was found. I went into FireFox, only to get a website The Yard Site Inc. *!*!*!

I even tried clicking on "buildigs and structures" with no result. **!!!**

Could use some help as I don't usually have too much success searching websites. LOL :salute: {,0,}
JFMarvelous
Watchman

Try this link to the rail structures in the download section. Note you will have to sign in to the download section then scroll down to the right category for buildings, then to the rail yard structures.
http://hawkdawg.com/Archives/download.php?id=6
RayofSunshine
CEO

Thanks MJMarvelous,
For the info. Actually I was looking at the Railroad Yard, and was just skimming over it. But I guess I would have missed it again in another search, so thanks. **!!!**

Some of the items had already been downloaded from previous scenarios. However, even after I pasted the newer Buildings, Cargoes, I am now getting hung up in trying to get the "cargoes" to installed when I amy installing the CHI, MPLS, and STP. *!*!*!

I was also wondering about the User Extra Content with the "station PK4" . I would believe that it should be incorporated into the Buildings data.

So I am still in the process of trying to get a complete installation to start playing. !hairpull! :salute: {,0,}
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Looking at the list of files you've downloaded in the archives, I don't see that you have downloaded the Trainmaster Passenger/Mail/Troops Carriages by Ned Fumpkin, which can be found at this link: http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/Xtras/Roll ... ail/Troops .
It may be that you already downloaded it before I started this new script for downloads, but it is required for the Chicago, Minneapolis, & St. Paul map, as it states in the read me for this map. ;-)
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

Thanks JF and Hawk.
After doing some hunting around, I did find both the Bldg Structures and TM Pass/mail/troops. It took a while as I have to get the downloads from Firefox, and unable to find TM requirement, I did an "option search".

So, I would assume that both of these requirements are loaded into the "user extra" data? :salute: {,0,}
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Ray of Sunshine wrote:It took a while as I have to get the downloads from Firefox, and unable to find TM requirement
I gave you the link to the cars. That link works in Firefox as well as any other browser.
Ray of Sunshine wrote:So, I would assume that both of these requirements are loaded into the "user extra" data? :salute: {,0,}
Read the read me in both of those downloads. They both have installation instructions.
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well thanks for all the assistance JFM and Hawk,
But I guess I will have to do more research, as previously, without the TM Pass/Mail/Troops, for some reason, I was getting "hung up" on the Map boot up of "cargoes data". Now believeing with all the requirements, I get "hung up" right fromt the start on "buildings data". I checked all the other scenarios, and have the same problem.

I thought it odd that the "structures" of the station was put into the User Extra content, rather than Buildings, but evidently that is the way the program is set up. Good luck to those getting the benefit of playing these scenarios.
:salute: {,0,}
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well HELL,
Whatever was loaded has knocked out all of my scenarios, and getting hung up on "buildings data" when trying to boot up from the menu. !hairpull!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Sounds like you installed something wrong.
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well Hawk,
The question is what? Being that the system is 'haning up' in the 'building data', I would believe that the problem would be in the downloading of the "structures" and/or "buildings" items. Will keep checking, as I like the concept of the options given in the 'supply' features. :salute: {,0,}
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Did you install the Rail Yard Structures as instructed in the read me?
To install, unzip to RRT 3 directory...

Fertilizer.cty .../Data/Cargo Types/

*.BCA, *.BTY .../Data/Building Types/

StationBuildings.pk4 .../Data/UserExtraContent/
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well, to answer my own question of "what", I checked to make sure that I had all the required "add ons" etc.
Once that was ascertained, I actually tried 3 times to boot up the Chi,MSP&STP scenario, and had the same problems. However, they were different each time. The 1st indicator on my screen showed that the the "cattle farm" could not be found. The next time, that of the Dairy Farm, and lastly the DinerB. Hence each time I copied all the "add ons", until there wasn't any solution, as the last notice still showed that the DinerB was not found, although I could see that it was in the "engines" folder. So I shut the computer down for supper. On my return I thought I would give it a last attempt, and what the hell, the scenario booted right up. The only decision I could ascertain was that the 'shutting down', aligned whatever was missing initially, and was reinstated on computer boot up. SO, now I can have the fun, of which these scenarios are created, and get into a different type of "buildings" to make the playing more interesting. ::!**! !*th_up*!

The only question I still have, is that I still only have the regular "stations" programmed into the RT3 edition. So why the 'user extra content' of the "station", as I don't see any different other stations (depots)? **!!!**

Again thanks to JFM and Hawk for their input. It was a 'struggle' but it was throught their input that I was able to get to the solution of the problem. :salute: {,0,}
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well, after all the difficulties I had trying to get the "additional" requiremens downloaded, I was able to Get the GOLD. Now it took a long time, as my system doesn't have a "fast rabbit" recovery, and it took 15 minutes to get it booted up each time. With that problem, my trains were jerking down the track as well.

But that wasn't any problem with the programming, and I didnt have any which would condon to that of the scenario. However, being that there were a number of railways already established, they gobbled up the present industries and farms at a high level. So beware, that a player will have to purchase and build industries to help meet the CBV. Even to maximize the revenue by constructing an industry closer to a depot than that of an AI.

Take advantage of the "rail yard structures". They save making long or even short trips from single farms. Being that single farms usually only produce a "single" supply, the rail yards can at least double the haul. These rail yards are a real creation to make the game more interesting, thanks to WP&P and Nedfumkin.

The access to having "fertilizers" being generated from the livestock and sheep, is also a boon to supply the corn and grain. Basically fertilizer to corn which helps increase production to the livestock, sheep, and dairies. I have yet to download the TM to experiment with that creation, but with all these types of amenities, it should be a very interesting edition of gaming.

Thanks again for all the help with my shorthanded ability to be able to get involved with a whole new way of playing Tycoon. !$th_u$! !*th_up*! :salute: {,0,}