Chicago to the West

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
SteamTrain
Hobo

Chicago to the West Unread post

I have personally play this scenario many time. I hope you also enjoy it. I welcome your thoughts, suggestions and criticisms.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: Chicago to the West Unread post

Did manage to get the tracks laid CHI,STP,North Platte, to SFE. However, could not get the percentage for BZ over 14% and that for the Gold of only 4%. Didn't seem to matter how much track and depots, and a few industries and farms, the AIs just was buying up the farms faster than I could lay the track. LOL Hence, I found it difficult to haul supplies from farms, as that only boosted up the revenue to the AIs. *!*!*!
A very interesting scenario, but then again, I found the cost of both industries and farms on the "heavy" side, right from the start. Same as that with previous scenarios.
Now I didn't have any programming problems, but then I didn't use any of the TM additions. Don't know if that made a difference with the Genesse & WY scenario, of which I did use the Hopper Yard a few times. **!!!**
Still an interesting concept of play. :salute: {,0,}
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: Chicago to the West Unread post

As I played another scenario before making this post, I lost my notes, and don't recall the medal award. I do know that I made all the connections, and was able to merge a few of the AIs systems. I did have a little problem in trying to make the connection to Souix Falls, as there are some distances of just laying track. The distances to SFE was not of such a problem, as I made the conn via Souix Falls. An interesting concept of challenges, and it does take some figuring for any medal. :salute: {,0,}