England's War Effort - BETA2

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
OilCan
Engineer

England's War Effort - BETA2 Unread post

This is a 1.06V BETA2 version of a map originated by Moodyvillain in 2011 and never finished.
Manchester3.jpg
The map is set in England, a few years before the Great War. This is a haulage game. The player must haul seven different types of cargo to four ‘military ports’.
One can add two optional AI as a sideline interest (nuisance?).

I revised the game based on the beta testers' comments to the first Beta – and I changed/added a few more items:
1) Added a fourth military port
2) Added medicine as a game goal cargo & adjusted the haulage quotas for Gold
3) Readjusted all the economic regions
4) Reset industry recipes for every city (added several new cities per beta tester comment)
5) Readjusted port/warehouse recipes
6) Fixed the rivers and other landscape issues
7) Added random bombings of large cities during WWII
8) Added several more events to the game

I liked the premise of Moodyvillain’s game and it has not changed. In fact, most all of his original events, especially his news headline events, were kept. I hope all the other changes have helped the ‘playability’ of the game.

Edited by Hawk: Zip attachment removed.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: England's War Effort - BETA2 Unread post

This map is now available in the archives.

http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/map_arch/r ... dWarEffort
Hawk
Gumboots
CEO

I'll have a crack at this one, after I nail the South Africa map. !*th_up*!
opiet
Cat

Oilcan...thanks for the new map(s). Fairly new to this game so really appreciate your efforts providing new challenges. Getting busy on England now!
OilCan
Engineer

opiet wrote:Oilcan...thanks for the new map(s).
You are very welcome. :salute: Glad to know that you enjoy them. There are numerous cleverly crafted and highly enjoyable games by many different map makers in the archives. I will admit that some of them are hard to judge by their 'covers', but I've rarely been disappointed with blind guesses. I seem to learn something from every game.

This post caused to me start thinking about what would make me terminate a game, once I knew the goals & started play. I decided that three things would make me abandon a game and not return to it:
(1) 4-5 starts that dismally fail and there is no discernible means of a viable start - this tells me the map maker never played their own game.
(2) A glitch in an event causes me to peek into the Editor and I see numerous glitches waiting to come, especially the metal events - this tells me the game was not fully tested.
(3) The game is no fun whatsoever. I don't see any point in finishing a boring game when so many excellent games are waiting in the archive to be played.