Central Argentina II

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Central Argentina II Unread post

:?: Well fellas,

I don't see any thread on this scenario, but have run into a situation.

Although I believe that I connected all the cities required, as I received such a notification as well and the $5M for the effort, and well prior to the 1900 deadline.

Then, prior to 1900 I also completed the IND requirement of the $50M by 1895.

However, in Jan 1900, I get a notice that I ""did not"" fulfill connecting the 8 required cities, and was penalized $10M.

This being the case, no Gold will be achieved.

Any comments?

Ray of Sunshine !hairpull!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Argentina II Unread post

Maybe this link will give you some help.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=197
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: Central Argentina II Unread post

Sorry Fellas and Hawk,

I stand corrected on the 1st posting with only 1/2 of the created scenario name.

As suggested Hawk, I went to the threads dated 2006. Although it was informative, and other players were having the same problem with the "connected" required cities, and were penalized, now in 2007, the problem has not been corrected. Which I believe is only a trigger in the programming.

But at least now, I know that others had the same problem, and I will play on, as with the 1.06 patch, a player can customize commodities without the "non-profitable" notice

Ray of Sunshine
RayofSunshine
CEO

**!!!** A puzzler fellas,

As I see by the thread of a previous Central Argentina II, there was a problem with the mathematics, as even though a player was able to connect all the required cities prior to the deadline date of 1900, they were penalized $10G, even though the system had already paid them the $5M for reaching that goal prior to 1900.

Well, be a glutton for punishment, I continued playing the scenario to see what other surprises it had in store for me. So, it wasn't any surprise for the deadline date of 1940 for a PNV of $50M, that I received a notice that the goal was not completed, and I was dismissed from continuing the game. HOWEVER, at that time I had a PNV of $118.5M.

From watching the mathematics which went into the programming, it was a marvel at the configurations which the scenario maintained throughout the game to 1940, even with the errors of the problems mentioned. Just too bad that these errors have not been corrected to make the game/goals obtainable, and to be played to the end. At least I was not able to do so.

Ray of Sunshine
arop
Dispatcher

:oops: I have believe I have foundI the errors and got them fixed. I will test the new version soon and post it to Hawk. I humbly apologize the inconvenience :oops: .
Hawk
The Big Dawg

The new version is now available. :salute:
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

!**yaaa And thanks Arop,

As I know that there is a lot of time and imagination needed to create these scenarios.

Ray of Sunshine