Volcano Island

Maps that were never completed by creators that appear to no longer be active.
belbincolne
Engineer

Volcano Island Unread post

Don't know if anyone else has played this but its beyond me on three quick attempts. It is (just) possible to lay lines (on Normal) between the two biggest towns with a bond and stock issues and just enough cash left for a Shay! In Try1 I failed to manage this but succeeded on Attempt2. In the western town (sorry forgot all names) I could only afford a Medium station. Anyway train made no money after first run (which gave me enough for another Shay) and I just sank deeper into debt.

Then had a third try between the south and east towns - couldn't get anywhere near. Haven't tried connecting the two towns in the north which are closer but on each start have had little items to carry so seems unlikely that lining there would be profitable.

An Industry start should be possible but in Try2 after 5 or so years not one farm/milk/industry had ever made any profit!! Very odd. Be interested to hear what anyone else has done.
Sugus
Engineer

Re: Volcano Island Unread post

From my point of view it's only a base map. Checking it by means of the editor shows, that there are no events specified. So, you can not get any medal at all.
There's no business like RT business ...
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Volcano Island Unread post

Yep! It's tagged as a base map on the download page, although I have no idea why I put in Australia. Me thinks it should go in Base Maps.
Hawk