Pause after Annual Ledger display

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
JayGould
Hobo

Pause after Annual Ledger display Unread post

I have determined what needs to be changed in the Trainmaster exe to pause the game after the annual ledger display. Location 0x394CE needs to be changed from x75 to xEB. I made the change using a hex editor and it worked fine. Hope this helps your efforts.
Sugus
Engineer

Re: Pause after Annual Ledger display Unread post

The RT3.exe (1.04 beta) I'm running TM has a size of 4'182'016 Bytes.
At file offset 0x394CE I see a 0x0D, not a 0x75! :shock:
Any comment?
There's no business like RT business ...
nedfumpkin
CEO

I'm lost. I have a problem finding specific addresses. I cannot seem to find them, so I suspect that I am interpreting it wrong.

For Trainmaster, the proper exe to edit is the one that I have already made changes to. It is the 1.04 beta, but I have already made changes to it, so it should be that one that is modified. It is included in the zip for the Alpha 2.

Jay, if you want to make the changes then I would really appreciate any help I can get. The pause after ledger is one of the modifications I would like to include. I would also like to include some others, but I'm not sure just yet. I think that if we keep it simple and not move things around would be best.

This is open to suggestions and coment. I'll go through the 1.06 documents and post my thoughts later.
JayGould
Hobo

I made the change in the Trainmaster Alpha 2 version of the RT3.EXE file. The address 0x394CE is in hexadecimal notation as reported by my hex editor. I found it by doing a search for the hexadecimal string 6E 19 75 10 39 2D which is the code where the change was made in the version 1.05 exe for the version 1.06 patch. The x75 is the value that should be changed to xEB to pause the game after the annual report display. This change can be applied manually to the version of RT3.EXE being distributed for Trainmaster in the next update. A search of the 1.04 beta RT3.EXE file for the code string should find it. The location will vary depending on the version being searched.

The address for the version 1.05 RT3.EXE is 0x39717, if someone wants to make this one change to their version 1.05 installation.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Eureka! It worked!

Thanks alot. Using this appraoch, I may be able to effect some more changes.
Sugus
Engineer

Couldn't locate a sequence 6E 19 75 10 39 2D within my RT3.exe. Seem's that I'm too stupid - so I'll wait for the next release of TM ...
JayGould
Hobo

The values are in hexadecimal format. Make sure you are doing a search from the beginning of the exe file for these hexadecimal values using a hex editor program.

EDIT:
The string may not exist in every version of RT3.EXE.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Here's the TM RT3.exe with the pause after ledger enabled. It'll be a while before the next TM release so you might as well take this copy now.
Attachments
RT3.zip
(2 MiB) Downloaded 380 times
Sugus
Engineer

Thanks Ned, that's great! !*th_up*!

BTW and if of interest for other folks only: the offset of the byte to be changed from 0x75 to 0xEB is 0x39507 ... :-)
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Thanks, Ned! !!clap!!
Just a word of warning - it won't work with saved games (not for me, anyway). Works fine with new games but if anybody's half-way through a game don't change it till you've finished!
nedfumpkin
CEO

Thanks for the info. Interesting how something functional in the exe gets saved into the games in progress.
Sugus
Engineer

Really a great impact of a single EXE-byte to a saved game (simply data, of course)! Hmmmm?? :oops:
Grandma Ruth
CEO

I'm having a number of crashes since I installed this - unfortunately random, as far as I can see, so difficult to know why. Anybody else having problems?
nedfumpkin
CEO

Not me but then I have only been playing long enough to test things so I don't know. Saved games or new games?
Grandma Ruth
CEO

This was a new game, I think. Error text is:
AppName: rt3.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: rt3.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 0001e124

Does that help?
nedfumpkin
CEO

Not really....but I will look into it.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

It's happened again, same error, this time definitely a saved game. I'll play around with other games, see what happens.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Been playing the CA map for a while, no problem. So maybe it's something to do with the Germany map? Did you make the CA map from scratch? The Germany map is based on an existing RT3 one, maybe there's something incompatible about it.
Edit: I'm afraid that's it. I'm now playing a brand new map created from a height map and it's OK.
Well, if all maps have to be created from scratch that's very annoying for me as I don't really enjoy or have the talent for creating the base maps. :-x
Edit 2: No, that's not it. Now it's done it with the map I was playing before. Same error message.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Perhaps try going back to the previous RT3.exe and see if it is still a problem. I'm trying to narrow down if it the exe or something else.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

It is something else. It's still happening with the "old" .exe file. Same error message - now it seems to be happening whilst the game's loading rather than whilst playing, but it has done both so that probably doesn't help either. I'll see if it happens with other versions of RT.