Company's have no need/produce of cargo

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
Autowiel

Company's have no need/produce of cargo Unread post

Hi everyone,

I have recently installed trainmaster! It seems like it's a very good upgrade of Railroad Tycoon :). But I have a problem with trainmaster, many company's havent any need of cargo's, and produce either nothing.

What's going wrong? I have installed it twice, i read the readme's, and i don't know whats going wrong.

Installation:
1. installed Railroad tycoon 3
2. Installed patch 1.05
3. Installed Coast to Coast
4. Installed Trainmaster
(a. Trainmaster v1
b. Trainmaster_Campaing files 1
c. Tranmaster Campaing files 1.1
Tranmaster Express Cars Default blue
Trainmaster patch 1.1
Trainmaster Troops CDN)

En it looks like:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Company's have no need/produce of cargo Unread post

Actually the Coast to Coast Expansion should be installed before the 1.05 patch. Coast to Coast is V-1.04, but I don't think that's what your problem is.

I don't quite understand what you're saying but in TM you have to supply the raw material before anything is produced.
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

I'm not entirely sure why the demand cargoes wouldn't show. Are you playing a TM map?
Autowiel

Blackhawk wrote:I'm not entirely sure why the demand cargoes wouldn't show. Are you playing a TM map?
Yes, i'm playing TM Maps, like china.

You can see on the printscreen de brewery demands nothing
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Might have to wait on Ned to pop in on this one.
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

Try the first campaign map and see if that works properly, or Persian Electric. I'd have to check the China map since I didn't make it. I'm not sure why it isn't working properly.
Blackhawk
CEO

You say many companies/industries don't show their demands. Like the distillery, but other companies do show their demands? As Ned said I'd try the scenarios he suggested and see if they work or not. If not I'd check and see which companies/industries are showing their demands and which are not.
nedfumpkin
CEO

A thought occured to me...if one of the cargo isn't appearing on the map then the industry will not display anything...might need a glass factory or something before it works.
Blackhawk
CEO

Exactly Ned. :-) It's why I was curious to see if some industries were showing their demands and others were not. I know I once had that issue when I turned off sugar in industry editor and anything that required sugar no longer showed its demands, so maybe it's something like that here. Although I'm still having a hard time trying to play what TM map his screenshot is from.
Lama
Brakeman

Related: Some city support buildings, like the scrapyard, will appear in scenarios that do not enable one or more of the cargoes needed for any demand to show up in those buildings. I recommend a check for that in the game engine; or, barring that possibility, the addition of special conditions check-boxes that allow scenario makers to disable specific city support buildings that, if they were to appear on the map, would end up without demand.
nedfumpkin
CEO

The scrapyards will only show up if there is a demand for them. I you see 0 in the display, it doesn't mean that something isn't demanded, only that it is less that 1/2 a load.
Lama
Brakeman

On the Weidenthal map I am working on, they do show up, but their cargo pane is entirely empty, displaying neither numbers nor goods icons.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Is it in the right years for it? Are the cargos that it demands and produces available too? Otherwise it should work.
Lama
Brakeman

The only input cargo it requires is waste, but since there is no industry enabled that demands it, waste does not appear in the cargo setup. This is intentional for this map, since I wanted it to be based on a very limited range of cargoes.

So I guess my point was that it would be nice to be able to disable the scrap yard in a situation like this - whether by special condition or by game engine design.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I am surprised it spawns if there is no waste in the game, but houses produce waste so I am wondering if it will show up some time. Waste is a burden cargo in that it is there for you to deal with since it is in real life. Same as paper, it will be a burden cargo for you since so much is used in real life. This is intended to be a constant distraction in the game.
Lama
Brakeman

As there is no demand for waste in the regular industries, the good is not showing up. Hence, none of the buildings that ordinarily would produce it, are producing it on this map, either.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I'm not sure what to say.
El Moichi
Watchman

Lama wrote:On the Weidenthal map I am working on, they do show up, but their cargo pane is entirely empty, displaying neither numbers nor goods icons.
Lama has sent me his Weidenthal map for test play and I am running into similar issues with the warehouses on that map. To check for, I installed an English TM version (and for I am quite lazy, I used the MSI).

Playing the English version, the warehouse on that map looks as intended by the map maker:
Warehouse_EN.JPG
Playing the German version, the same warehouse doesn´t have any supply and demand:
Warehouse_GER.JPG
The warehouses on the "TheHub" maps by Edbangor, who also have been converted from original standard RRT3 maps, are working well.

Also, the scrapyard and the apothecary don´t show any cargo demand on that map if played with the German version.

Does anyone have an idea regarding this bug?
Lama
Brakeman

To add to this, the apothecary and scrapyard do not show cargo demand in the English version, either.
nedfumpkin
CEO

I'll look into this and figure it out.