Pack element < CarSideView_3.imb > not found, any ideas?

Discuss any bugs or issues with TrainMaster.
Benito

Pack element < CarSideView_3.imb > not found, any ideas? Unread post

I am running a Win 7 machine and am pretty sure I followed the installation instructions to the letter. The only thing I didn't try was patching the fresh copy of RRT3 before copying the game to the Trainmaster folder.

I installed the classic blue express cars and the canadian troop set under the 'data/3d' folder

Problem occurs when game is in the loading screen at "Building Database" (almost immediately)

The problem occurs for all instances of the game incld. scenarios and campaigns.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Pack element < CarSideView_3.imb > not found, any ideas? Unread post

If I remember right the installation instructions for Trainmaster state to patch RT3 with the Coast to Coast Expansion (V-1.04) then the 1.05 patch.
I think the issue you're having might be because you didn't install the C to C Expansion.
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

What Hawk said is correct.

Sorry folks but for the next few weeks, and the last few, a real life issue is consuming all my time so I am busy with that but still able to look in once in a while.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

nedfumpkin wrote:Sorry folks but for the next few weeks, and the last few, a real life issue is consuming all my time so I am busy with that but still able to look in once in a while.
Hope it's nothing serious.
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

Not serious, just a task that needs to be done and takes a lot of mental work. (thanks for asking)
Lama
Brakeman

I received a similar error message: "Pack element <DineE_Profile.imb> not found"

I used a fresh install, patched to 1.05 via CtC, with the vista fix, on Windows 7.

I installed the Trainmaster files, then the campaign files in order, and the standard express & troop types.
I noticed when doing so that the readme said to install this in data\3d, but that these archives did not contain any pk4 files that would have gone into that directory.

I also looked for pk4 files to put into the data\3d dir in all the other archives posted here, but did not find any.

Any advice?
Lama
Brakeman

Sorry, nevermind. I figured it out. :oops:
yianni79
Cat

Any ideas for such a problem? I am getting this message "Pack element < TroopsA_Profile.imb > not found".

Running Trainmaster on XP. Installed RT3, patced to CtC, then patched to 1.0.5, then copied to the Trainmaster folder, unzipped TM files, unzipped campaign files, unzipped troops and express cars. Installation orders for troops & express cars stated that should be unzipped in data/3d folder but a readme.txt into the zip requested that files should be unzipped in data/PopTopExtraContent folder. So, I unzipped files in both locations.

Unfortunately, I am getting the not found message. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Ahhh, the mistake was having a data/3d folder tree into the data/3d folder. Is a problem, though, having the same express and troops cars into data/3d and data/PopTopExtraContent folders at the same time?
Proud to regret for what I did and not for what I should have done.
nedfumpkin
CEO

No, it won't be a problem but it is redundant.

If there is an express car set in \3D, then it will choose that set when you play. If there is not set in \3D, then it will use the set in \poptopextra content.

Ideally you woud have youe default express set in \poptopextracontent, and have sets you want to load temporarily in \3D