ATTN: Earthlink and Mindspring Users!

News and announcements about the website and forum.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

ATTN: Earthlink and Mindspring Users! Unread post

Due to Earthlink's spam blocker not functioning properly, if you use an Earthlink email address you will need to configure the Earthlink spam blocker to allow email from hawkdawg.com.

As you can see from the screen-shot below, when sending email to an Earthlink user it is required to fill in the form to ask for permission to send email to that user.

In order to complete the form one must enter the letters shown in the CAPTCHA, but as you can see the CAPTCHA doesn't show so the form can not be completed.
I have tried this in four different browsers; Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Netscape - all with the same results. The audio request does not work either.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: ATTN: Earthlink Users! Unread post

It now seems that Earthlink is blocking all emails from this server.
I'm tired of fooling with them and their archaic spam system.

Consequently I'm blocking new registrations from folks registering with Earthlink and Mindspring addresses.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but I'm just tired of having to contact them asking to be removed from their blacklist again and again, especially since it seems they're the only ones blocking from this site.

This is an ongoing problem with Earthlink so it's not just this web site or server.

http://vincentcollins.com/2008/02/07/ea ... s-blocked/

There were quite a few more links doing a Google search on the returned code but I didn't feel like listing them all. If you'd like to check it out yourself, do a search using this term: 550 Dynamic/zombied/spam IPs blocked
Hawk