RRT1 ports?

General discussion of Sid's first version.
ostlandr
Brakeman

RRT1 ports? Unread post

I will be getting a BlackBerry and doing some traveling as part of my new job. Does anybody know of any ports of RRT1 for compact devices? Would love to be able to play it on my CrackBerry or cell phone while I'm sitting on a train or plane.
Watch this space for Equus Ferrius Corporation's website! Soon to build biomass fueled steam locomotives, and lease a short line. We're going for it!
acorn_farmer_84
Brakeman

Re: RRT1 ports? Unread post

kinda a late reply i know,
but I just noticed today that a port seems to be available for android devices,
it can be found at https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... d.railroad for 99 cents,

however the reviews seem less than favourable, doesnt look like its a very good port regarding the UI and such.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

danielches wrote:kinda a late reply i know,
By about 4 years. ^**lylgh
Hawk
acorn_farmer_84
Brakeman

Hawk wrote:
danielches wrote:kinda a late reply i know,
By about 4 years. ^**lylgh
haha, well better late than never i thought :p

and now if anybody else comes across this post as i did, there is an answer to the original question :)

i just bought the app then, and I've got to agree with the reviews on the app page, the port is terrible,
like it doesnt really make use of the touch screen, it kinds uses these arrow things around the edges (kinda hard to explain),
and on my phone at least anyway, it only makes use of the top half of the screen.....

glad it was only 99 cents :)
Silverback
Watchman

RT1 was re released at the same time as Railroads! and needed DosBox to run. It was free to download and use.

There are projects to port DosBox to Android so lots of old DOS games could be able to be run on Android soon - perhaps.

Interesting that all the old games that needed a good PC to run could soon be working on smartphones