RRT1 Sound configuration

General discussion of Sid's first version.
Bonneville455

RRT1 Sound configuration Unread post

Does anyone know if there's a way to set up RRT's sound configuration to work on a modern computer with on-board sound? Mine has Realtek AC'97 audio and none of the settings match what was offered on RRT Deluxe. I've tried some different combos to no avail. **!!!**

Just wondered if anyone has had success with this. If not, I guess I'll get my old machine out this weekend and fire it up. Thanks.
Sugus
Engineer

Re: RRT1 Sound configuration Unread post

I'm (only seldom) playing RT1 within DOSbox 7.0 !**yaaa under XP Home SP2. This way you can specify a good old sound blaster a let DOSbox do the rest.

Till now, there's no old DOS game that didn't run within DOSbox. And I've a lot of them: earlier quest series by sierra like space quest, you remember Larry?, Monkey Island's by Lucas Arts (still a great fun to play), the whole palette of APOGEE jump and run's, the unforgettable Gobliins, Eye of the Beholder I-III, Lands of Lore (I), etc. ... must stop here before going into raptures!
There's no business like RT business ...
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Sugus - Bonneville455 sent me an email asking me to thank you for letting him know about Dosbox. He says now he can play RT with sound.
He couldn't post himself because his membership here is no longer active.
Hawk
Sugus
Engineer

It's fine to see that there are still other DOSbox'ians ... :salute:
There's no business like RT business ...
jayo
Hobo

Sugus wrote:I'm (only seldom) playing RT1 within DOSbox 7.0 !**yaaa under XP Home SP2. This way you can specify a good old sound blaster a let DOSbox do the rest.

Till now, there's no old DOS game that didn't run within DOSbox.
Actually, until recently, there was no old DOS game that didn't run within Windows' built in command prompt(well... almost none)! I remember all my DOS games ran fine in the XP command prompt, albeit without sound(save for PC speaker, MIDI, and digitized SB effects). Then with XP SP2, that all changed! At first, I used DOSBOX just for games like Transport Tycoon, which didn't work before!

Now I use DOSBOX more than ever, and the Windows 7 DOS prompt doesn't go to full screen! Much less run games! So now, the Dos prompt in Windows is practically useless!