Sid Meir's RT

General discussion of Sid's first version.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Sid Meir's RT Unread post

This is a search to find the member who had downloaded the manual for

SID MEIR'S RAILROAD TYCOON

It is 175 page manual for the FIRST Railroad Tycoon. I was in correspondence with this member, from whom I got my download, but have to apologized that I don't have, and don't remember the person's name.

I don't remember the particulars of that download, as he may have just downloaded it to me, but although I do have the game program itself, such manual download was either not put into the folder, or has been misplaced or deleted from my system over the years.

Any help appreciated.

Ray of Sunshine
Silverback
Watchman

Re: Sid Meir's RT Unread post

The full game (but the Deluxe version not the absolute original) is available for free download http://www.sidmeiersrailroads.com/railroads.html This contains a manual for the Deluxe version in PDF format of 146 pages in total if this helps, plus a list of locomotive for the copy protection when installed.

You may need to use internet explorer to get to the site.

You may find the original game and/or manual via abandonware sites.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Ray - I just sent you an email with a link to download the manual you're looking for.
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well thank you Silverback,

For the information on the Deluxe version, but I was trying to get some info on the manual for the Original version. However, in the meantime, Hawk got the bright idea, and found it on one of his "back up" or "salvaged" hard drives. This after I had mentioned that I believed I had gotten the download from his Forum some time ago. As he could not remember such a download, that I initiated this thread to see if the member who had done that original download to the Forum, would make a reply. But it has all worked out, except I would still like to find out whom that member is.

Now I don't necessarily play all these games, but like to keep them in my inventory, and also to not only download them, but to get a print out of the manual of instructions. Or like OilCan's RT3 Handbook, so that I can go to the topic to which I like information, rather than to try to remember what I have read 5 minutes ago.

That is some of the reason that there are some of the older user created maps in Hawk's RT2 Archives, as I had burned them to a disc prior to some of the web sites getting terminated.

With all that said, thank you for the info on the Deluxe, as the last time I went to the site, all I found was some spread sheets. !$th_u$!
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well, I had downloaded the Deluxe version, and the one with the spread sheet had to be either some Microsoft or a Micro Prose???, or whatever. Any way, I did not find any manual for the Deluxe. As I did download the Demo, I might be able to get some type of instruction as to how the game is played, but I would like an instruction manual. For that, I suppose that I would have to buy the actual game on the market. Any comment?
!$th_u$!
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well, I guess I will have to rely on the membership, hoping that someone has Sid Meir's RT- ORIGINAL version. Over the years of 3 different system backups, to correct some of the problems I have had with my system, the game program has gotten deleted, of which had been done for the manual. After hours of searching and open any folder which might have the game enclosed, I have drawn a complete blank. **!!!** !hairpull!

Hence I need the help of anyone who still has that ORIGINAL game program, and any help will be appreciated. {,0,}
Hawk
The Big Dawg

You can find the original at this link: http://www.abandonia.com/en/game/Simulation?page=6
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

SMRR DeLuxe Unread post

Hawk,

In your thread inf RT1 - Gnrl Discussions, you mentioned downloads of RT Deluxe on Abandonia. I have been able to get the download for both the Demo and the Regular programs from the Sid's site , but still have not been able to get the manual. **!!!** Abandonia shows that the RT Deluxe download is available directing me to C:DOS Railroad Tycoon 1993. But you know that I don't seem to find these paths to anything. *!*!*! Guess I need you help again for the manual. :salute: {,0,}
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I don't know why you didn't just reply to this thread about the subject you started. Sid Meier's Railroads (SMRR) is a completely different game than Railroad Tycoon or Railroad Tycoon Deluxe.

Railroad Tycoon - the Original was released in the mid '80's. Railroad Tycoon Deluxe was released in 1990.

Sid Meier's Railroads was released in 2006

Since you can't seem to figure it out, here's some more specific instructions.

Click on this link to download Railroad Tycoon, the Original version and the manual.

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/406/R ... ycoon.html
Click on image to view full size
For Railroad Tycoon Deluxe:

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/427/R ... eluxe.html
Hawk
Silverback
Watchman

Ray, Have you found what you want yet?

I found my Railroad Tycoon Deluxe CD I bought as a re-release about 1998.

This has a pdf format manual on it which appears to contain the manual for the original plus some technical supplements to up-version it for deluxe, plus the player aid cards so its a bit of a hybrid.
Its NOT the same as the manual in the download from the link I posted previously. To get the manual from that download you will need to install the downloaded program.

Somewhere I have a floppy disk with a zipped version of the original but can't locate it - maybe you can get that by downloading from Abandonia. The link to the manual on Abandonia doesn't work.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Sorry Hawk,

Just not with it trying to keep these different games straight. And thanks for the direction in the Abandonia link, but I was able to download the game program for the Original, as well as the Manual, for the second time, and although I could also download the "game" for the Deluxe, I was unable to get the Manual, only to find out that Silver said that the link was not working. Guess I will have to just hope that it gets fixed. Might see if I can get to their "support" or "contact us" site, and see if they can rectify it

Thanks again. :salute:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

You're right. The link doesn't work for the Deluxe manual.
Sorry! I didn't check that.
Hawk
jayo
Hobo

I've got one of the later rereleases of the Original, non-DX RRT. It comes with a very condensed manual, It doesn't even have any illustrations save for the copy protection!

And Hawk, I tried the manual link on that page, and it actually links to the game itself, not the manual!