Close announcement>
If you need to contact an administrator about account activation (or resurrection)
the email address is: admin @ hawkdawg . com (remove the four blank spaces).
The activation emails should hopefully work now (have changed some settings).

views with mouse and issue with one scenario

General discussion about Railroad Tycoon II.
BTB
Hobo

views with mouse and issue with one scenario

Unread post by BTB »

2 things on rrt 2. first once when i first bought rrt 3 some how the mouse views in rrt 2 worked exactly like it did in rrt 3. i didn't have to use the arrows to turn or the + or - to zoom in and have never been able to do that again since that pc went to the dumpster. anyone know how i can accomplish that again? rrt3 might be better with graphics but the scenarios in 2 were great :-)

next problem, i have deleted and reinstalled the game several times and keep having the same problem in the one map (can't remember the name) in the first campaign where you go from italy to munich and have to do so many loads between vienna and munich before 1876 for gold. i have sent as many as 183 loads between the 2 and after i connect to munich at the years end i get 1 report stating you have hauled 0 loads between the 2 cities and never see that screen again and can't get the gold medal. any ideas??

thanks!
Gwizz
CEO

Re: views with mouse and issue with one scenario

Unread post by Gwizz »

RT2 has always had a few small bugs that were never fixed. Some maps with problems were fixed.

I',m working on a new map and in the editor as I move the mouse over a spot on the map it crashes the game to the desk top.
I save often, so I never lose much.

I don't have a fix for your first bug.

On the report of hauls, go into the editor and look for that event. Open it and check to always test that event.
When you get that map's name, post it and I will look to see if someone has posted a fixed version.
Silverback
Watchman

Unread post by Silverback »

I Think this is the Brenner pass Scenario (no 11) and I think the gold is between Verona and Munich not Vienna. Vienna isn't on the map. Gold is 32 car loads before end 1872.
Which version of RTII (first only, +TC, Gold or Platinum) and which patch level? if just RTII should be 1.05 , platinum 1.55 or 1.56.

The only patched map I have says it fixes the Innsbruck event only. Did you get the bonus for connecting the 2 cities?

Theres a loads hauled event but its set to trigger once only (one time only event) - take the map (#11bre~1) into the editor and unselect the box and save the map - you should then get a counter every year end rather than once only. If you see this once then you should have seen the connection bonus

With the 1.56 patch the mouse wheel works for zooming BUT I don't remember free rotating unless its possible in windowed mode, I don't think its built into the game engine. The left and right arrows on the keyboard will rotate the map.

David Masters Roundhouse site http://home.comcast.net/~david_masters/ ... index.html has some "official" patched maps on it for bugfixes etc.
BTB
Hobo

Unread post by BTB »

thanks! will try it and you have the info right on the map, beat all the campaigns on expert (seems like a 100 times) in the past and now got all weird for some reason on the last install. i have the rt 2 platinum that i had since it was released and i can honestly say i don't remember patching it before and maybe i did, starting to lose my memory lol :-D