Lost Maps from RRT2

General discussion about Railroad Tycoon II.
proudcanadian
Conductor

Lost Maps from RRT2 Unread post

Hey everyone, I've been playing RRT2 again lately, and I've been looking at some of the more obscure maps from RRT2. A few I've found on some sites, however, are not available for download at any Railroad Tycoon Sit I can find. There are a few in particular that I'd like to know if anyone has them, or if they've been somehow lost. Thanks

From David Masters (These were listed on his roundhouse site, but are no longer available to download)
Cowabunga!
Waterworld
(One about coffee, I can't remember what it's called)

The last 20 of the "World's Not Enough" series by James Stevens. I haven't played any of these, and I don't know if they're any good, but the fact that someone went to the trouble to create a 40 map storyline impresses me. Parts 1-20 are at the Terminal Site.

That's all for now, but if I think of any more, I'll post them here.
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
JayEff
Conductor

Re: Lost Maps from RRT2 Unread post

I've lost a map that I made. It was at the testing stage, and about five people probably received it. It was called Kootenay to Coast, or something similar, and it was about the construction of the KVR in southern BC. If anyone still has a copy, it would be nice to see it again.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

JayEff wrote:I've lost a map that I made. It was at the testing stage, and about five people probably received it. It was called Kootenay to Coast, or something similar, and it was about the construction of the KVR in southern BC. If anyone still has a copy, it would be nice to see it again.
Check this link http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt2/rt2_n_am2.htm 4th row down in the middle.
proudcanadian wrote:From David Masters (These were listed on his roundhouse site, but are no longer available to download)
Cowabunga!
Waterworld
(One about coffee, I can't remember what it's called)
I don't believe I've ever seen those two David Masters maps. Sorry! **!!!**
proudcanadian wrote:The last 20 of the "World's Not Enough" series by James Stevens. I haven't played any of these, and I don't know if they're any good, but the fact that someone went to the trouble to create a 40 map storyline impresses me. Parts 1-20 are at the Terminal Site.

That's all for now, but if I think of any more, I'll post them here.
Jeeez! I though there were only 20. 40? !*00*!
Hawk
proudcanadian
Conductor

Yes Hawk, there are, believe it or not, actually 40 maps in the series. !*00*! If you go to google and type in World's Not Enough Railroad Tycoon 2, then you should come up with a site, which I believe is Stevens', which has links to 20 more maps than the ones on the terminal. Unfortuanately, none of these work anymore, so I'm wondering if they even exist anymore. Hopefully they do, because it would be interesting to see these as well as the three
David Masters maps I listed. Who knows, maybe there are some other ones out there that people will remember. :?:
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
proudcanadian
Conductor

Well everyone, I took a look at the WNE Map series, and let's just say that I was thoroughly disappointed. :-( Most of the maps are lacking scenarios, let alone actual storylines that you can follow. As well, those that do have scenarios are mainly just copies of other previously made scenarios, with some text edited to fit the topic. To be honest, I'm not surprised that the last 20 haven't survived if that's all they are.
I think that's one of my problems with downloading user-created RRT2 maps. There are just so many that it's hard to find the good ones among the maps that are just either missing scenarios, or are just poorly put together.
I'd still like to see if the David Masters maps exist though. And if there's any other "lost" maps that anyone else knows of, I'd like to hear about them. That's all for now, and goodnight everybody.
JayEff
Conductor

Arggh! I still don't have TSC :cry:
I made the beta, but it was with and earlier version of RT2. Which brings me to another question. Who knows where I might get TSC?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

If you're looking for TSC, why not go for the gusto and look for Platinum, the last version. You can find it at Amazon for - currently - $13.99 USD.

http://www.amazon.com/Railroad-Tycoon-2 ... B00005NBR0

- OR -

Try this link:

http://www.nextag.com/railroad-tycoon-i ... earch-html

You could also look in the discount racks of your favorite PC software store. I recently found a copy of Platinum for $9.99 at Target.

BTW Jay - Was that the copy of the map you were looking for, at the link I posted?
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

Fellas,

I have a considerable number of downloaded maps including the Cowabanga and Water World. If you could remember the one on 'coffee', in which country, I would try and locaate it. I realize that the original request was some time ago, but maybe persons would still be interested in what inventory I believe I have.

I had started to even download the RARs, although I do not have much luck getting them activated for me to play. The only scenarios which I do not have are those in a foreign language. Doesn't make much sense to play something which a person doesn't know what the goals, or be able to translate the 'notices' which may appear.

Ray of Sunshine
proudcanadian
Conductor

Wow! Thanks Ray, I'm happy to see that the maps still exist. I would be interested in the maps, that's for sure :-D
RayofSunshine
CEO

I will start looking thru my inventory to see about Cowabanga and Water World and send them off to Hawk, so he can put them into the Map Archives. !*th_up*! Now if you could only remember the country which dealt with the "coffee" goals, or whatever, I would look thru the inventory to see if I could find it. Right now, the only country which comes to mind is that of Brazil. So that will be my first area of search. Just put on your thinking cap to see if anything 'rings a bell'. *!*!*!

Ray of Sunshine
proudcanadian
Conductor

It was definitely a fictional location, I know that much... :roll:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Ray sent me the maps so I'm attaching them here for you.
Attachments
waterworld.zip
(137.98 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Cowabunga-Masters.zip
(293.41 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Caffeine_Nation-Masters.zip
(248.62 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Hawk
proudcanadian
Conductor

Thanks, Hawk. I've been in Florida for a week, so I haven't replied. Caffeine Nation! That was it! *!*!*! Thanks Ray! :salute:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I was just looking through an old hard drive and I found two folders for World is not Enough. One has 24 zips (map 1-24) in it and one has 15 zips (snw 1-15).
Both folders combined and zipped is 8.24 MB.
I can upload them to my site and post the link if you're interested.

There's a lot of other RT2 maps I found also. Some called Power Map Series (Rise 1-17). Some called Rage Series (The Rage 1-17).
Hawk
proudcanadian
Conductor

Well, like I said a while back, the WNE Series is lacking in the scenario department (seems he came up with a general story, but didn't actually add goals/events to them). Now I've never heard of those other maps, but if they're made by the same author (James Stevens) then they're probably also without a scenario. Might as well post them anyway, though, as I can't speak for everyone.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I have no idea who created those other maps.
Hawk