Auto Plants

General discussion about Railroad Tycoon II.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Auto Plants Unread post

I'm in the throes of testing a new map, which should be ready soon. It's a while since I played RT2, but I've noticed something I never could figure out.
In the "resources" overview, the auto plants have a figure in brackets for steel, usually (20) but I've noticed it's variable. Does this mean this plant needs 20 loads of steel before it will start making cars, or does it mean it's got 20 loads of steel already and will make 20 loads of cars if you give it the appropriate number of tyres (which I've forgotten at the moment)?
Or is this the maximum number of loads it will accept?
Has anybody worked this out?
Silverback
Watchman

Unread post

I think this means there are 20 loads of steel in stock to make autos. You need to deliver tyres

x loads of steel + y loads of tyres -> z loads of autos >if I could find the manual I would know x y and z
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Unread post

Thanks, I'll see if that works out - hope you're right as that should make it easier to make a profit!
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Unread post

Thanks, Silverback - I've tried it and that's what it is. Now I just need to find sufficient tyres to use up all that steel!
Ali Barba

Unread post

:) That was another advantage of RRT 2 over RRT 3, the fact you could see what supply was missing to be able to produce goods when 2 materials were needed! Wish that could be added to RRT 3!! :cry: Ali
JayEff
Conductor

Unread post

Ali Barba, you can do that in RT3. Cartloads pile up on the factory. Look at how big the stack is for each ingredient, and also look at the price color. The orange and red colour is cheaper, which means the factory can more easily afford to buy. Part of the profitability of industries is the price of the raw materials.
Ali Barba

raw materials Unread post

:shock: Oops,thats a point, though didn't really realise the significance of that cause I was used to RRT 2s' much clearer format even if it wasn't pretty! I'll have to take more notice of that in the future thanks JayEff.
:wink: