US History Map

General discussion about Railroad Tycoon II.
jeffryfisher
Hobo

US History Map Unread post

I think I might have actually finished my US History scenario. Since I can't connect to The Terminal today, I'm uploading it here first.

The most recent revisions are all cosmetic. I played through a complete 200 years to gold victory, changing only headline wording, reserved cells, and other non-critical refinements.

I have included the latest mod to the last platinum-CD patch (v 1.56) and its text file (default2.lng). These are optional, use with caution (backup before substituting and renaming). The locomotive and cargo spreadsheets tell what's in the modded EXE. If you don't like mods, then you can discard everything except the map (but you won't be able to "fight" the Civil War, but that's only "nice to have", not critical).

Edit by Hawk: File deleted. Now available in the archives.
jeffryfisher
Hobo

Re: US History Map Unread post

BTW, what steps need to happen to put my map in the North American maps list? Is there a testing and comment period?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

If you feel it's ready for the archives, and doesn't need any beta testing, I can go a head and add it.

Unfortunately I don't think there's a lot of RT2 players here anymore, since they've all moved over to the Terminal, so my guess is there wouldn't be any beta testing anyway.

BTW! The Terminal seems to be back up and running. :salute:
Hawk
jeffryfisher
Hobo

I've put two years of work into it, and my last run through had no critical errors, so I think it's finally ready for a larger audience. I'm especially eager for someone to have a history student play it (like a teen taking a US History class in high school).
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I'm in the middle of moving to a new place right now and am a tad busy. It might be a couple more days before I can get your map added to the archives.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I got the map added to the archives. :salute:

http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt2/rt2_north-america.htm
Hawk