editor: campaign / SMK videos

General discussion about Railroad Tycoon II.
Gregorius
Cat

editor: campaign / SMK videos Unread post

Hi all,

after buying the RRT2 platinum edition, a pause and after a new period of playing and testing and although the Luxembourg-scenario works rather fine, I've come to the conclusion, it would be best to restart editing etc. from scratch (except for the map).

And before editing, I'd prefer to lay out the entire scenario on paper/theory first.

Some questions also come to mind, like:

- campaign - is it at all possible to setup a campaign in the editor?
Can the map, with tracks and buildings, like it was at the end of the first campaign-scenario be used to start the next campaign-scenario?
Can a campaign also be played in multiplayer game?

- videos - not knowing how videos are triggered, I've tried to convert a little video-clip (with RADtools) to the same parameters used by the original intro-video and simply replace it using the same name but, somehow this does not work. The only difference I can see is the weight and length of the clip (about 2mbs and 2 seconds difference) and the date of the SMK.file itself. Can this be the problem for not playing? i doubt it...
Is it possible to independently trigger video-clips, or do I need to keep to the existing triggers (intro etc.)?

I'll keep it to those questions for now. Thanks a lot for all your help.