RRT2 Train wrecks

General discussion about Railroad Tycoon II.
Njoel
Hobo

RRT2 Train wrecks Unread post

Hi all,

So I've been playing RRT2 Platinum and have been loving it again however I notice the train wrecks seem to be really out of control. I had about 100 trains on the scenaro I was playing and was getting 3 to 4 wreck every year. It was driving me crazy. I put cabooses on all my trains, made sure every station had the roundhouse for maintenance and I even replaced all of my engines for new ones but it didn't help much.

So I saw the cheat code nowreck and tried it in game and it works great however I also notice that none of my trains breakdown either. I was really just wanting to disable the wrecks from happening, I can deal with the breakdowns :)

I know in RRT3 you can select no wrecks in the map but don't see that option for RRT2. Anyone know of a way to do this in RRT2?

Thanks for reading folks.
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: RRT2 Train wrecks Unread post

Sadly, I don't think it's possible. If you want breakdowns you need to manage servicing.

What you can do is place a lot of small stations (depots) all along your routes. In RTII, a train only has to pass the station to be "serviced." Watch especially for heavy grades where the engines are working very hard.

Another thing you can do is de-tune your engines with the throttle, but it doesn't help too much.
Njoel
Hobo

Re: RRT2 Train wrecks Unread post

RulerofRails wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:23 pm Sadly, I don't think it's possible. If you want breakdowns you need to manage servicing.

What you can do is place a lot of small stations (depots) all along your routes. In RTII, a train only has to pass the station to be "serviced." Watch especially for heavy grades where the engines are working very hard.

Another thing you can do is de-tune your engines with the throttle, but it doesn't help too much.
Ok thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. Was hoping there was a way but it's all good. Still having lots of fun :)