Player investment and transferring money from PNW to company

General discussion about Railroad Tycoon II.
Njoel
Hobo

Player investment and transferring money from PNW to company Unread post

Hi everyone,

I am currently wanting to start company #2 and purchase my original Company #1 as I have a bunch of annoying stock holders that won't go away lol so I figured I could start a second company and do a merger with company #1 to do a total house cleaning.

I have plenty of PNW and Company #1 has about 600,000k in cash in the bank but when starting Company #2 I see that the max money I can invest in Company #2 is 100,000k from my PNW. So this is not enough to do my take over plans. Is there a way that I can transfer money from my PNW into the company? I know dividends adds to my PNW but I need to do that in reverse lol

Is there anyway to do this or am I totally stuck?
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: Player investment and transferring money from PNW to company Unread post

Maybe you are not looking at the stock market the way that we do. It's all hinged around margin buying. This is where risk comes in, even though what we are doing is "insider trading." If we buy on margin at the correct time in a fast expanding company we can hit 100% ownership with a debt load which then requires dividends to pay off. That's the way to really take control. For this it's necessary to be confident in your ability to run a healthy company with predictable earnings. If you are having trouble with shareholders, it could be that the company isn't stable with healthy earnings.

How much you are allowed to put in the new company doesn't really matter. You can buy more as soon as the company launches, just at an ever increasing premium. That's the "simple way" to use PNW here. There are tricks in the stock market, but they get quite technical and require a fair bit of fussing which is probably not really what you want. You can also for example be devious, bulldoze one track piece from all your connections, then wait for the share price to tank since no new revenue. That will make the merger cheaper. This is an example of the "robber baron" style of play. I don't really care for it myself, since it's about "ruining things."

PS. How much of company #1 do the AI players own?
Njoel
Hobo

Re: Player investment and transferring money from PNW to company Unread post

RulerofRails wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:09 am Maybe you are not looking at the stock market the way that we do. It's all hinged around margin buying. This is where risk comes in, even though what we are doing is "insider trading." If we buy on margin at the correct time in a fast expanding company we can hit 100% ownership with a debt load which then requires dividends to pay off. That's the way to really take control. For this it's necessary to be confident in your ability to run a healthy company with predictable earnings. If you are having trouble with shareholders, it could be that the company isn't stable with healthy earnings.

How much you are allowed to put in the new company doesn't really matter. You can buy more as soon as the company launches, just at an ever increasing premium. That's the "simple way" to use PNW here. There are tricks in the stock market, but they get quite technical and require a fair bit of fussing which is probably not really what you want. You can also for example be devious, bulldoze one track piece from all your connections, then wait for the share price to tank since no new revenue. That will make the merger cheaper. This is an example of the "robber baron" style of play. I don't really care for it myself, since it's about "ruining things."

PS. How much of company #1 do the AI players own?
Hi and thanks for your reply. Not to sure on what buying on margin is in the stock world to be honest. I set my custom game a little differently this time around, I set the map with no revenue modifiers so both AI and Human player are on equal footing. So this game I'm making good profits and make more then any of the other 4 players but still get the message that share holders are fed up with me lol even in Boom times. So I'm not sure what they are expecting. The company has 600k in the bank and earns about 14k per year and the other companies are -4000k and -10000k etc.

So in Company #1 I own about 6.5k shares and the other combined share holders have about 2k

I started running Company #2 thinking eventually I maybe able to make Company #2 strong enough to do the merger but it's going to take a long time. Was hoping there was a way to transfer my PNW into Company #2 to give it the money it needs.