Trigger when 'a company is started'. Which company?

General discussion about Railroad Tycoon II.
MagnusA
Hobo

Trigger when 'a company is started'. Which company? Unread post

Hi again,

One more question (then I will be quiet - I think :) ): In the RT2 event editor you can set the Frequency to 'Every time a company is started'. Is there a way to catch which company that was started? :?: What if I for example want to let the government give a subsidy to each new railroad company, but certainly not to every already existing companies.

It looks like the game, every time a company is started, loops through all players/companies (as you have set them in the trigger of course).

Regards
/Magnus
MagnusA
Hobo

Unread post

Update:

I have figured that I can use a Company Variabe as a flag (Test for all companies and trigger when CVAR=0, then set CVAR to 1).

My question is now more if there exists a built-in trigger function or something similar to achive the same thing, that is to catch the company which caused the game to look at this event. Or a funtion that maybe identifies the Player who started started the company.

For testing I made it a newspaper announcing the newly started company, but that one displays only when my own company is started, not the others... :(

Regards
/Magnus
loco_motive
Cat

Unread post

I think you've got it nailed. An unfortunate limitation of the game.

Dave Gross's Event Editor from Hawk's RRT2 page seems to have very few expressions specifically for this sort of thing, so your alternative is as good as any.
MagnusA
Hobo

Unread post

I checked the Event Editor guide and didn't find anything useful for this problem.

But thanks anyway for the answer and for pointing me to it! It looks useful otherwise. :D

/Magnus