The closest near death expereince ever!

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
Polynesia Rail
Watchman

The closest near death expereince ever! Unread post

This made my angry!

Why couldn't he just wait some seconds! He was so lucky, one of his shoes even got hit by the train (It flew off)! !*th_dwn*!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_DLnOjO31U

What do you think? :evil:
WPandP
Engineer

Re: The closest near death expereince ever! Unread post

Presumably he DID have to wait more than just a few seconds. He had to at least retrieve his shoe!

I wonder though whether the train had to come to halt, to deal with any aftermath. I bet there is some regulation somewhere that demands it, even in a case like this where injury was avoided. I bet quite a lot of people were inconvenienced, hopefully including this donkey's rear that thinks two seconds of his time is more valuable than everybody else's commute, and thinks he is so studly that he doesn't have to worry about the tons of metal hurtling unwavering towards him.

I think everyone on that train should have gotten off, and, one by one, come up and slapped him. With his shoe, that is.
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
nedfumpkin
CEO

Som people just cannot grasp the concept that regardless of whether you are on foot, in a car, a truck, or even a tank...the train will always win.
Gandar
Brakeman

For some reason there is a particular breed of Pedestrians that seem to think that they are invulnerable. Many years ago I read an accident study from the UK that said a high percentage of pedestrians saw the car that would hit them and they still stepped out, pretty much like the guy in the clip.
I got up and the world was still here, isn't that wonderful ?
pure al
Dispatcher

His shoe got cut in half by the train, the story's been all over the papers here in the UK. He's now released the video to show people how stupid it is jumping over the barriers - although I'm sure the money he gets from all the press attention doesn't hurt ;-)
canis39
Brakeman

I wonder if sometimes people see the (car/train/whatever) with their eyes, but maybe the image doesn't quite reach their brain fast enough. Hard to explain otherwise.
like fantasy football? check out Goal Line Blitz! http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=28815200'
visit my mini city: http://salt-rock.myminicity.com/