Straight from a Hollywood script

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
Third Rail
Cat

Straight from a Hollywood script Unread post

Defeated by their arch rivals at home and forced to play another powerhouse to get into medal contention which they handily defeat. Play a nailbiter to get to the gold medal game. Meet their rivals again going for gold. Up 2-1 with seconds left in the third when it gets tied up on the 6 on 5 with seconds left. The NHL superstar, largely shut out of scoring in the tournament and failing to seal the deal on an edge of the seat breakaway in the 3rd, gets the game winner in overtime. The victorious goalie gets his sweetest win ever on home ice.

Does it get any better than that?
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: Straight from a Hollywood script Unread post

Only by virute of that it could apply equally to the men's or women's game.
Third Rail
Cat

Re: Straight from a Hollywood script Unread post

Unfortunately I missed the womens game as I thought it was a day later. The medal game was close but if I had to offer an analogy to their tournament play it was more akin to a semi with failed brakes barreling down a 10% grade. Get out of the way or else...

I should clarify that Luongo won on his home rink. How many goalies have ever won an Olympic gold in front of a hometown crowd? I'm guessing just the one but I could be wrong. Most likely low single digits if any.