Triple digits!

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
canis39
Brakeman

Triple digits! Unread post

Just noticed this on the front page...
We have 100 registered users
(0!!0) {,0,}
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

Just remember, some of those members have never posted and may get deleted.
I figure after being registered for 3 months and never having posted, they probably never will, and since you can read the posts as a guest there's no need to register if they just want to read.
As it stands right now there's 26 registered members that haven't posted once.
One of those registrants is me as Hawkster, which I use for testing purposes as a standard member instead of Admin.
A couple are fairly new.
Hawk
Eb Zane
Watchman

Unread post

This is typical of all forums. Another one I'm on made the big deal that they how had 5000 members. Of the 5 k at least 1 k are one time spam post and others that post two three times and gone. Thanks for keeping you site cleaned.

EZ
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

As to the spammer members, to the best of my knowledge there is none.
I have registration set up so that I have to personally approve each new registrant.
Before I approve I do a Google search on their username, email address, and-if given-their web site address. If I get the slightest hint of spam I delete their registration and, in most cases, block their email address. Most times a Google search on their email address will turn up other sites that list it in their blacklist.
I figure I'd rather deal with a legitimate registrant complaining that I stopped their registration than have to deal with the spam. So far I haven't had the first complaint. :wink:
I'd rather have fewer legit members than concern myself with the numbers.
Hawk
Eb Zane
Watchman

Unread post

!*th_up*! !$th_u$!

EZ
HayManMarc
Cat

Unread post

That's Hawk... keepin' it real. Thanks, man. 8)
-------->>>HayManMarc (formerly known as 'Marco')
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

Well, it's back to double-digits.
I did a little clean up. Anyone that registered prior to Jan. 1, 2007--with 0 posts has been deleted.
Those deleted have not been banned nor has the deletion stopped them from registering again, but since the board can be viewed by guests, registration is only necessary to post.
I figure if they haven't posted in the past month and a half, they probably won't.
Hawk
davion76
Watchman

Unread post

I don't know about that. when I read that is was really worried that my account had been deleted and I would have to go through the process again. I don't post very often, but I read the boards 1/2 times a day or more.

davion76
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

As I mentioned, I only look for members that have '0' posts, as in Nada, nothing, no posts. Even then I only looked at those that registered prior to Jan. 1, 2007.
If you have at least one post there's no need to worry. :wink:
Besides, even if you don't register, you can still read the forums. You just can't post.
Hawk