Borawian Islands are coming to MSTS!

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
bonan
Hobo

Borawian Islands are coming to MSTS! Unread post

Hello! I downloaded the map "Borawian Islands" some time ago, and I really liked it! In fact, it inspired me to turn it into an MSTS route. Not the whole map, of course, but the part where the east - west mainline crosses the Borawian strait, bethween Creza and Gathoma.

In my imagination this is a very, very busy electrified 4-track mainline with high operating speeds. The route will have swedish signals as I am familiar with them, but the scenery is absolutely not swedish! ;-)

Here are some screenshots, and I am hoping to have the route released in about a week! :-)

All feedback are welcome! :-D

thietavu
Conductor

Re: Borawian Islands are coming to MSTS! Unread post

Very, very nice looking work!! :)
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Looks good for an MSTS route.
Hawk
arop
Dispatcher

:salute: awesome, very impressive :!: I think you are right about how Borawian Railways could have developed up to date: A possible development past 1950, when my scenario ends could have been as follows: In the late 1930's the trunklines Harwan/Luacha to Gathoma was electrified with 15.000 KW, 16,3 Hz in an attemt to increase capacity, and from that time, only a few new steam locomotives were built. The first diesels appeared in the early 1950's, but until the 1970's a few steam engines still lingered on operating freight trains on secondary lines. A contrast to the trunk line to Gathoma is the (important) secondary line between Luacha to Moa, being a scenic train ride with lots of tunnels crossing many fertile valleys. This line is run by railcars (passengers) and diesels (freight). During the period 1965-75 many secondary lines were closed and The Borawian network became somewhat trunkated. After many years of decay, steps were taken to upgrade the surving system in the years 1995-2005. :salute:
bonan
Hobo

Thank you all, glad you like it! :-D
bonan
Hobo

The route is now aviable at uktrainsim.com. It will soon also be aviable at train-sim.com. :-)
bonan
Hobo

The route is now also aviable at train-sim.com. Search for "Crossing the Borawian Strait". :-)
bonan
Hobo

I have continued working on the route, eastwards from Gathoma towards Garath. :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glQDZTQvkJw
bonan
Hobo

The route is now 22 km long, and a extension is to be released in a few days. Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bonan960623 ... sJ1dMer4BQ

Comments are greatly appriciated! :-D
bonan
Hobo

bonan
Hobo

WOW, suddenly this litte route has become 43 km long and is still growing... I am now working on the city of Gharath, and the great terminus there. I have also built a few kilomters where the track runs directly by the sea, and I really wish i where there, instead of snowy, cold Sweden... :mrgreen:

bonan
Hobo

More in the blog!
http://blillpers.bloggo.nu/
:salute: