Are people just getting really stupid?

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
proudcanadian
Conductor

Are people just getting really stupid? Unread post

I was watching TV the other night, when I saw what is quite possibly the dumbest marketing ploy ever. An advertisement came on, advertizing DIAMOND SHREDDIES cereal. It's basically a regular shreddie turned on its side, to look like a diamond. I stared in disbelief for a few minutes after that before coming to the conclusion that either a)The general populace is getting stupid enough to buy into this, or b) The people at Post Cereal are getting really desperate.
Here's a link
http://diamondshreddies.ca/
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Re: Are people just getting really stupid? Unread post

That's unbelievable! I've never seen anything like it! This is either really stupid or incredibly clever. **!!!**
"I will not take 'but' for an answer" - Langston Hughes
Hawk
The Big Dawg

That's the thing about them Madison Avenue folks. They consider the general populace stupid.
Shredded Wheat just hasn't been the same since Nabisco sold out to Post. I never thought you could screw up Shredded Wheat but Post sure found a way. :-(
Hawk
thegrindre
Engineer

Amen! Bought one box a couple months ago and just couldn't finish it. It taste like dirt.

That commercial is pretty funny. Good spoof on the public. ^**lylgh I really don't think anybody will fall for it.
a.k.a. Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...
Gwizz
CEO

The guy or gal's boss did.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

I prefer the diamond shape. The square ones look, ........well..........., too square. Next thing you know they'll be marketing a spoon that's a little bigger so the tips of the diamonds fit on the spoon without hanging over the edge, a situation that could potentially lead to severe gashes in the corners of one's mouth.