I made it to ENGINEER!!!

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
thegrindre
Engineer

Re: I made it to ENGINEER!!! Unread post

OMG! You've added a CEO! I thought I had made it to the top already.

Well, then, I'm with Wolve in rackin' up another post. !*th_up*! ^**lylgh
a.k.a. Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...
Hawk
The Big Dawg

thegrindre wrote: Well, then, I'm with Wolve in rackin' up another post. !*th_up*! ^**lylgh
Oh No! Now we're going to have a bunch of nonsensical posts to add post counts. !hairpull! ^**lylgh
thegrindre wrote:OMG! You've added a CEO! I thought I had made it to the top already.
Actually, that's always been there. When I upgraded to this new version all that data was copied from the old board. ;-)
Hawk
Gwizz
CEO

I forgot to have a party when I became an engineer.
KevinL
Dispatcher

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I'll hoist a root beer in your direction and say congrats! (0!!0)
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
wsherrick
Engineer

Congratulations to you Grindre. Now that you've made it you need to report to the enginehouse at 4:30 AM to break the bank in the firebox, shake down the ashes, top off the tender, rake the fire after breaking the bank, throw in a few scoops of coal to get her going, open the turret valve, blow down the water glasses, check the water level in the boiler, crack open the blower valve to start a draft for your fire, check the fire again, put on about 20 or 30 scoops of coal, wipe your hands on your pants, bitch about how crappy the coal is they keep buying, open the engine house doors to let in some fresh air, fill the lubricators on the air compressor, fill the hydrostatic lubricator in the cab, oil the other hundred places that need oil, oil the driving wheel boxes, oil the pony trucks, check the journal boxes on the tender, fill with oil if necessary, get some more clean rags, shoo away the annoying railfans who distract you with the same endless questions they asked you the last time they showed up, put some more coal in the firebox, turn up the blower to raise steam, start the air compressor pumps, after you get enough air to blow the water out of the reservoirs, shut the drain cocks, your fireman should be showing up about now to do half of this stuff, but it's okay because you've done it already-tell him to sit up in the cab to watch the pressure gauge so he'll stay out of the way, now that you've got steam and air pressure up for the brakes, take the engine out to the ash pit, make the fireman shake down the grates, take coal, run up to the plug to top off the tender again, blow down the boiler, put the engine on the train, do your terminal inspection, your brake test, have your meeting with the other members of the crew to work out the days activities, climb into your exhalted seat on the right hand side of the cab, and get ready to start your day. :salute:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Be careful what you wish for Rick. ^**lylgh
Hawk
proudcanadian
Conductor

Congrats Grindre, I too will raise a glass of root beer(or cream soda) in celebration of your 500th post (0!!0) ::!**!
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
thegrindre
Engineer

wsherrick wrote:Congratulations to you Grindre. Now that you've made it you need to report to the enginehouse at 4:30 AM to break the bank in the firebox, shake down the ashes, top off the tender, rake the fire after breaking the bank, throw in a few scoops of coal to get her going, open the turret valve, blow down the water glasses, check the water level in the boiler, crack open the blower valve to start a draft for your fire, check the fire again, put on about 20 or 30 scoops of coal, wipe your hands on your pants, bitch about how crappy the coal is they keep buying, open the engine house doors to let in some fresh air, fill the lubricators on the air compressor, fill the hydrostatic lubricator in the cab, oil the other hundred places that need oil, oil the driving wheel boxes, oil the pony trucks, check the journal boxes on the tender, fill with oil if necessary, get some more clean rags, shoo away the annoying railfans who distract you with the same endless questions they asked you the last time they showed up, put some more coal in the firebox, turn up the blower to raise steam, start the air compressor pumps, after you get enough air to blow the water out of the reservoirs, shut the drain cocks, your fireman should be showing up about now to do half of this stuff, but it's okay because you've done it already-tell him to sit up in the cab to watch the pressure gauge so he'll stay out of the way, now that you've got steam and air pressure up for the brakes, take the engine out to the ash pit, make the fireman shake down the grates, take coal, run up to the plug to top off the tender again, blow down the boiler, put the engine on the train, do your terminal inspection, your brake test, have your meeting with the other members of the crew to work out the days activities, climb into your exhalted seat on the right hand side of the cab, and get ready to start your day. :salute:

Holy crap! !*00*! Is there anyway to get demoted... :shock:

^**lylgh
a.k.a. Rick

CeeBee
Brakeman

It's pretty hard not to take the oppotunity to get a wee bit closer to leaving the dungeon and getting up to the basement so
(0!!0) !!clap!! (0!!0) !**yaaa *!*!*!
Party on and Congratulations!!! :mrgreen:
wsherrick
Engineer

thegrindre wrote:Sorry, folks, just a little thing of mine. :oops: It's my 500th post. (0!!0)
I've always wanted to be an engineer ever since I was a kid and I have finely made it. !*th_up*!
I just made it on the Extra Board with you Grindre. See you down at the engine house.

Hawk
The Big Dawg

...and a hearty Congratulations to you too William. ::!**! :salute:
Hawk
thegrindre
Engineer

Congratulations!!! ::!**! :salute: !**yaaa !*th_up*!

(0!!0)
a.k.a. Rick

Canadian Viking
Brakeman

Whoo Hooo for wsherrick! ::!**! Always great to have another reason to grab a root beer. (0!!0) Please report to the crew house to turn in your coal shovel and pick up your tallow pot. It won't be long now and your engineering skills will earn you the nickname Wild Willy, and the track gang will be grumbling about how you pound the rails by turning the drivers too fast! Keep those steam engines moving! !*th_up*!
wsherrick
Engineer

Thank you all very much. I am deeply touched by your statements. :-D
Grandma Ruth
CEO

::!**! I made it too - this is number 500 ::!**!
"I will not take 'but' for an answer" - Langston Hughes
Knave
Conductor

(0!!0) (0!!0) {,0,} Congratulations!! Quite a accomplishment!! Good Job!! {,0,} (0!!0) !!clap!! !!clap!!
Never, Never, Never give up. Winston Churchill
proudcanadian
Conductor

Congrats Ruth!!!! (0!!0) ::!**!
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
Gwizz
CEO

Da hum bug, a bunch of bucket months. !**yaaa
Canadian Viking
Brakeman

Congratulations, Grandma! I noticed a few days ago that your post then was #498 so I was prepared for another opportunity to hoist a root beer! (0!!0) Always glad for a reason to do so. :-D Just give the whistle signal when you need the brakes applied by lowly lads like myself. Am I correct in thinking that universities world wide should now include your name in their women's studies program as the female pioneer in the field of Hawk & Badger engineers? !*th_up*!

Who's next? Wolverine has less than 100 to go; so keep 'em coming.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

It won't be long and we'll have too many Chiefs and not enough engines. ^**lylgh

Congrats Ruth for working your way up through the ranks, ya' old motor mouth you. :mrgreen:
Hawk