Need opinions on new web site

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
thegrindre
Engineer

Unread post

!*00*! (0!!0) {,0,} !$th_u$!
a.k.a. Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

Your posts are starting to get ridiculously long Rick. :roll: :mrgreen:
Hawk
AZ Rail Rat
Dispatcher

Unread post

Yep Hawk, it WAS Doug's Place. I even ran across the receipt! 696 Hwy 293 - - - 25th of March 2006.
That's one of the hazards of working for a Government contractor . . . you have to keep ALL THAT PAPERWORK. !hairpull!

Don't remember what we had, but we both chowed down for $12.01. Bet the waitress fell over when I left her that $5 tip! :shock:
(Easy to be a big tipper with Government contractor's {and your tax} dollars. ) :twisted:

I'm thinking I had the chicken fried steak. Ahhhh - - - memories . . . (0!!0)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

Yep! When you said Emerson I knew it was Doug's Place. It's the only thing in Emerson.

It's the place I used to take all visitors when in town. A great example of good ol' down home southern cooking.

I may go back in there some day to see if that cook still works there. My wife called the owner and let her (Doug passed away a few months ago. It's now run by his wife) know what happened. She said she would look into it.

Since that incident we now go to Doug's Jr's. up in Cartersville. It's owned by the son and has similar great food.
Hawk
AZ Rail Rat
Dispatcher

Unread post

I think you typed too fast Hawk . . . What "Incident"?

Woops, never mind. It's in your previous post.

Did it break the 5 Second rule??? :P
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

AZ Rail Rat wrote:Did it break the 5 Second rule??? :P
Oh yea! It fell under the grill (the dirtiest, nastiest part of the floor) and he had to get down on his knees to retrieve it, and grabbed it with the hand that he put on the floor.
Hawk
thegrindre
Engineer

Unread post

!*00*! !*00*! !*00*!
a.k.a. Rick

Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

Well - It's been a job but I think I'm finally at a point to where I'm almost ready to go live with this site.

http://hawks-web.com/rev/index.html

Just need to add some more reviews now, and set up a Pay Pal account to add to the 'Donate' page, and write the IE6 hacks. Then I need to check it in Safari, Opera, Netscape, and Konqueror, but I don't think they will be much problem there.
Then get a domain name for it, which will most likely be north-georgia-dining-reviews.com. Last time I checked it was still available.

I want to thank everyone for their comments and advice. You don't know how much I appreciate it. :D {,0,} !$th_u$! :salute:

Edit 1: IE6 hacks are done. :D
Hawk
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Unread post

Hey, Hawk - I read two reviews and on both of them your wife just happened not to be with you - that's not very gallant - I hope you're going to take her there next time. :(
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

Well, she works and I don't so sometimes she just can't make it. :mrgreen:

No comment on how it looks and/or reads? **!!!**
Hawk
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Unread post

Sorry, yes, it looks fine and everything works OK.
I'm a bit worried about this : Of course, a small donation would help to facilitate the addition of your suggestion but is not necessary. Is that allowed under your laws? I don't think it would be here!
Other than that, it's great. Wish I could come and try some of these places out!
One other thing - you need to get the "donate" page sorted out p.d.q.. don't you?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

Nothing that I know of makes it against the law to accept donations in this country.

As for the 'Donate' page, the site isn't even live yet (on-line). It's only available in this forum 'cause the current link to it is only temporary.
As I mentioned I still need to set up a Pay Pal account and I'll probably do that right before I go live with the site, which should be within the next week, if not this weekend.
I'm still working on adding some more reviews and I'd like to have as many as I can before I go live with it.

Thanks or you kind words. (0!!0)
Hawk
thegrindre
Engineer

Unread post

Yes it does look pretty good and I will say that you do need to add as many restaurants as you can to it. Although that could get to be rather expensive. Sheesh!
(No wonder you leave your wife at home.) ^**lylgh ^**lylgh (**!!sry couldn't help myself... :oops:
a.k.a. Rick

Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

I don't leave her at home. I leave her at work.
Someone has to pay for all this eating I'm doing. :roll:
:wink:
!**fldwn!
Hawk
wsherrick
Engineer

Unread post

The page is looking very good. It is a nice balance of color and text. I like it.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

!$th_u$! Kind sir. :D
Hawk
ChrisW
Watchman

Unread post

Hawk wrote:Last time Debbie and I were in there we saw the cook drop some food on the floor, reached down and picked it up and threw it back on the grill. Haven't been in there since.
AZ Rail Rat wrote:Did it break the 5 Second rule??? :P
Hawk wrote:Oh yea! It fell under the grill (the dirtiest, nastiest part of the floor) and he had to get down on his knees to retrieve it, and grabbed it with the hand that he put on the floor.
But the grill will sterilize any germs it may have picked up from the floor. Perfectly safe!

Well, as long as he didn't just plop it on the grill for a few seconds before serving it, anyway. The heat does take a little time to kill the germs... 8)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

So you think that's a perfectly acceptable practice for a restaurant?
Not me. :wink:
Hawk
Gwizz
CEO

Unread post

All they need to do is to post a sign:

Notice --- if we drop your steak on our clean floors, we will make sure it spends a little more time on the grill to kill any germs it may have picked up. The Management.
(smack))))
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Believe me, the floor in discussion was far from clean.
Hawk