Some Royal Hudson Pics

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
Moodyvillain
Hobo

Some Royal Hudson Pics

Unread post by Moodyvillain »

Just felt like sharing. Who doesn't like train pics?

This is from a few years back this was a special excursion to White rock BC during the Vancouver Olympics. It went from downtown Vancouver to White rock the 1st day and then white rock back to Pacific Central station. I rode on it the first day and then set up for some pics the next day. It was sure fun to ride this lovely train "again" I rode this train way back (31 years ago) when I was 3 years old.

It is hard to take a good shot of a train while you are in it. The corner here is pretty sharp so I got most of it

Here's the cab. I walked around after the train arrived in White Rock.

A closer shot of the mechanisms

Inside one of the cars.

Here it is after we stopped. Not everyone was here just to see the train. There was a festival going on. Although the train was the star attraction for many people.

The next day. A bit backlit but I was a slave to the time of day the excursion took place. The BNSF on its own is a beautiful engine... here it clashes like a mother, but the hudson is very costly to run, as it is Oil feuled. I have been told it costs about $30,000 to run it from Squamish to Vancouver (35 miles) This is feul and people to run it and other things. Also it had to cross the border in order to turn around ( no turntables in White rock ) Still though It would might have looked nicer if the BNSF had pushed.... oh well.

Here it is in better light