Close announcement>
If you need to contact an administrator about account activation (or resurrection)
the email address is: admin @ hawkdawg . com (remove the four blank spaces).

#2 You like Cupcakes?

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
thegrindre
Engineer

#2 You like Cupcakes?

Unread post by thegrindre »

So, here goes #2...

We all need to satisfy our sweet tooth on occasion and what could be more simple then...
(It should bring the 'kid' out of you if nothing else. And, for those who have kids)

Simple Yellow Cupcakes
Nothing fancy here. Just good old fashioned cupcakes from scratch that anyone can make.
Makes a dozen.

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour minus 2 tablespoons
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, (1 stick), room temp
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 to bake for 15-20 minutes. (Check 'em after 15 mins. with a toothpick in the middle. They might be done)
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt well.
3. In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar till fluffy, (couple minutes).
4. Now, beat in the eggs and extract till fluffy, (couple more minutes).
5. Add this light fluffy mixture to the flour mixture and beat just until blended while adding the milk. Don't over mix it, though. Makes 'em tough.
6. Line your cupcake tin with paper cups and fill each cup 2/3 to 3/4 full.
7. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes then remove for a few minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool.
8. Here's a simple little topping I like to use. Nothing special, mind you...
8a. Mix 1 cup Confectioner's Sugar, 3-4 teaspoons of milk with 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract very well.
8b. Now, after they've cooled down a bit while still warm, NOT HOT, drizzle this topping over these jewels.
Don't worry about it running down the sides, it's supposed to. (I drizzle with a fork) Most any food you eat with your fingers is usually messy, anyway.
NOTE: Any All Purpose Flour will do. (I like Unbleached because of the lack of chemicals in it. Who wants to ingest bleach residue and who knows what else?!)

Enjoy!

Anyone got a bread machine? I have a couple for that gadget also.

Until next time...

(0!!0)
a.k.a. Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...